MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reflections on the Lake

I went into Seattle today to visit my late husband's Aunt who is in a nursing home. It was a wet and rainy day but cleared a few hours around noon. I visited with the Aunt and thought I would take a little visit around where I grew up. I haven't been back that way for years. As I came around a corner and Green Lake popped into view I was greeted with this lovely view. I spent most of my summers playing around this lake. And other times too of course. A wonderful area to grow up. MB

20 comments:

brattcat said...

What a beautiful shot with those gentle colors reflected in the lake. The image really does mirror your tenderness toward this place.

Lady Di Tn said...

MB
What a nice peaceful photo and the reflections in the lake gorgeous.
Peace
PS I miss my daily dose of "Marcel" too.

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

A cheerful winter photo; nice to have childhood memories of such a lovely place.
Three Rivers Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful reflections.

George said...

You got a wonderful picture of the reflections in the water. It's nice that the weather cooperated and you could get this sunny picture.

Louis la Vache said...

Very nice, MB!

Lois said...

What a beautiful area! That is a great reflection.

Lowell said...

That is just gorgeous. Love the reflections, too. You were fortunate to grow up in such surroundings!

Lee Spangler said...

A terrific reflection.... gosh it reminds me once again about the beautiful place we live. Thanks for your continual support, MB

Betsy Banks Adams said...

This is a good reminder to all of us to take time to visit others who are in nursing homes... Beautiful picture (and reflection) on the lake, Mary Beth.

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Lovely view, indeed! It's GORGEOUS! Great shot for sure

Unknown said...

Just lovely, MB!

Betty said...

Lovely reflections MB.You seem to have a little more sun then we do I forgot what it looks like.
~~Hugs~~

EG CameraGirl said...

This is such an attractive view! The reflection is beautiful!

Rose said...

This is a really nice photo!

tapirgal said...

How many of us gravitate toward water? It looks like a wonderful place to grow up or to enjoy at any age.

Don and Krise said...

Good for you. I return fairly often to the area where I grew up. It gives you a feeling of comfort. I like that area myself.

VP said...

You grew up in a beautiful place, this picture is lovely and the blurred reflection is amazing.

Regina said...

Lovely scene and reflections!

maryt/theteach said...

Also wanted to say your header is magnificent and would be an excellent post for Ruby Tuesday and Weekend Reflections! :)