This winter flowering viburnum is best planted in front of evergreen shrubs so the flowers stand out against a green background. Since they are fragrant plant them along a path that is frequented during the winter months. They bloom in the dead of winter and flowers hold up well during frosts. Excellent as a cut flower.


15 comments:
I had no idea about these flowers. What a discovery. They are awesome - nice photos!
I can't imagine flowers n January! WOW!
I don't suppose they grow in our zone. If only they did...
Wow! I join the others -- I had no idea flowers like this (or any other flowers) bloomed in JANUARY! Whoa!
Now that is nice!
I just took down the lights off the outdoor tree and I had to dig out the lights on the first two levels of branches as they were buried in snow! Heh!!
These flowers are new to me as well. Anything that blooms this nicely in January would be very welcome. The fragrance would be a wonderful extra.
These blossoms blooming give one hope that it won't rain forever. I can almost smell their aroma!
Fantastic. We had lots of viburnum but no flowering ones! I wonder if it would be too hot in Florida?
These would sure perk up a gray day!
Small city scenes, I love these shots! Nice job! You know what you're doing :)
Oh so delicate and pretty, yet so early! My Mum said that she had a few snowdrops coming out!
I'm so ignorant: there are flowers in January...
These look like a beautiful lift of color during an otherwise gray winter. Plus fragrance. Nice captures MB.
The Dawn Viburnum is gorgeous... Have never heard of it nor seen it before. It would be amazing to see a flowering bush or tree in WINTER... WOW!!!!!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
MB,
HOW PRETTY IN PINK THEY ARE. WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING AROUND HERE RIGHT NOW THAT COMES CLOSE TO PINK. I do have have raspberry sherbet in the freezer, but I guess we won't count that.
Nancy Jo
With the winter days, this splash of color must be very welcome to you!
Love your pretty pink flowers blooming in January.
~~Hugs~~
Post a Comment