Pole Bending is a race against the clock. 6 poles are placed in a straight line about 21 feet apart and at least 20ft from each end of the arena. The idea is to run upbeside the poles and bend around the last pole (Kylee went a little wide here) and then weave or bend your horse around the poles down the arena and the weave your way back up and then just race hell bent for leather back down the arena.
A little wide
weaving around the pole
Turning and going back up weaving around the poles again
and out. 20 seconds is a good time. If you knock over a pole 5seconds is added to your time (each pole). Kylee did ok--no poles knocked over and a clean run.
I suppose I should have cropped some of these pics---I just had my small camera with not much of a zoom. 20x. MB







15 comments:
The pictures show Kylee's and Macaronie's challenge. Twenty seconds is not a lot of time. What was the winning ride? I'm glad they did well. I like being able to see the fairgrounds in the background in the second photo, which adds to the atmosphere.
I am sorry to know so little about horses and equitation, it must be funny! My compliments to Kylee!
Excellent pictures, Mary Beth.. I know you are so proud of Kylee. Glad you had some good weather there.
Hugs,
Betsy
First of all, what is a "bunbrin"?
And let me know how you "search" went and if you found any!
Looking at these photos, I'm impressed. Great rider, great horse. I'd guess it's pretty frustrating if you knock over a pole.
I'm thinking you live a very different kind of lifestyle than we do here in Florida. I'm kinda jealous.
Would love to see one of these live. Never seen a real rodeo... if you discount the Roy Rogers Rodeo Show in 1957. Ha!
I'm happy to hear that Kylee did well. I enjoyed your pictures.
Looks like she did pretty good... Congrats Kylee! =) I'll all that jazz up to her, though... I'm too chicken to do all that! heheheee
This is a fine action series. Excellent explanation of the race's set up and how the scoring is done. I'm ready to go back to a rodeo and see this done in person!
One thing for sure - you know how to brighten up a morning.
You did an excellent job showing us the action with these photos!
I am glad you did not crop them as it gave us a better feel as to the set up of the rodeo. Made me feel as if I was there in the grand stands watching. Thanks for giving us the heads up on the race. Peace
Great action shots. Do you worry when she's out there? I think I would! :)
Nice action shots and you did great on showing the flavor of the rodeo.
I like to see a bit of the surroundings, so I'm glad you didn't cropped.
It is a lot of speed and action in these pictures
I love to see young people enjoying themselves and having fun without being destructive.
Post a Comment