MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, April 11, 2011

Old barn for barn charm

Sweet old barn getting eaten up by brambles.
Love the cupola.  MB

Mosey on over to Tricia's at http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com/ to view more charming barns.  Enjoy!!

18 comments:

Elaine said...

And mighty hungry they are too! I wonder how many buildings they have completely devoured. This is a sweet old barn. It must have been a real beauty in its day.

cieldequimper said...

That's going to be one of my favourites!

Mari said...

I love this one!

Lowell said...

This barn has been around a long, long time, I would think. Must have been built very sturdily to have lasted through the years. Your brambles act rather like our vines it seems. Any vine left untended in Florida will soon cover everything nearby!

Jan n Jer said...

Oh my...this is a great old rustic barn...the weeds will soon have it hidden! Great shot!

Rose said...

I would love to know just how old it is...its wood has a richer color than a lot of old barns. Love that about it, also.

don said...

This is a fine, old barn. Sad to see a few boards missing , but the total barn still has lots of charm. Very nice shot of the cupola too.

Halcyon said...

A really nice barn.

George said...

That it is a great old barn. I'm glad you found it before the brambles took it over completely.

Lois said...

What a great find! Thanks for the closeup on the cupola.

Wendy said...

Yes, it is a grand old barn. So sad to see so many of them falling in disrepair. Great captures!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great barn for Barn Charm, Mary Beth. When I see old barns, I always think of everything which has gone on inside of them for many years.

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Su-weet for sure! I wonder if it's related to Francis Ford. (he-he)

Anonymous said...

NIIICE! I'd sooo love to rummage around in there... Great find! =)

Thank you muches =)

Janice Thomson said...

I like that barn! I think I need to paint it too :) A smokin' photo MB

EG CameraGirl said...

I really, REALLY like this old barn with the moss growing on it. Now I'm going to see if I can find a mossy barn. :))

Evelyn S. said...

I like this design....more than 'just' a barn, I think. Great photos.

genie said...

What is there about cranes that briars and brambles love so much? They want to climb all about on ours, too. This is a nice one...lots of personality. Great shot.