I'll be gone until Monday. Enjoy yourselves and be good---I will try to do the same.
I had to go to the store in Mount Vernon early evening and this funnel cloud which we NEVER have showed up---as you can see we did have blue sky.
Then it snowed and hailed and rained and the streets filled like a river.....the sun was shining on my car when I took this picture.
And as the sun shone and the rain rained we had this beautiful rainbow. Crazy weather.
To see more exciting sky pictures go to http://www.skyley.blogspot.com/ and enjoy



31 comments:
That is crazy! I read about that on the news site, that is cool that you were able to capture to show us.
Oh wow, MB! I heard about this. Pretty awesome that you captured it instead of it capturing you! Have a great weekend.
Oh, splendid that you got a shot of it! I wondered if you happened to be up there at the right time!
The first shot is kinda scary, what with the tornadoes in Alabama and elsewhere. Crazy weather is a bit of an understatement, Nature has gone wild this year, Australia, New-Zealand, Japan, Thailand, the South of the USA and now... Mount Vernon. Wouldn't mind a bacon cheeseburger for lunch... :-)
Beautiful, exciting and even a bit frightening...
Well you showed how "CRAZY" your weather has been. Have a fun filled weekend. Peace
Now THAT'S a sky. Great shot!!! Glad you are safe and sound. Enjoy the weekend.
Goodness your photos run the weather gamut here!
nice shot of the funnel cloud. That hail is unreal. Im ready for this spring weather to be over.
What amazing moody skies!
O M GOD, MB... are you sure you wasn't magically transported to Missourah for a few minutes? That's some crazy crazy weather - it snowed, too, though? That's sooo very strange! How often do ya'll see tornadoes out there???
FANTABULOUS SHOT OF THE TWISTER, TOO!!! WoWoWeeeeeeeeee!
This spring-time weather is something to behold. We had a snow pellet storm yesterday afternoon. Your series is very good and shows all the variety that is so amazing. Nice post.
It is hard to comprehend how nature can change so rapidly. Glad you were spared any more serious weather.
Gracious!!!!! You saw it ALL in one swoop, Mary Beth... A funnel cloud, snow, hail, rain, sun -- and then a RAINBOW!!!! As you said, CRAZY weather...
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Welcome to the globe where things are warming up causing all kinds of craziness, and we haven't begun to see how crazy it's really going to get.
That first image is mind-boggling. I hope you ran for cover.
The rainbow shot is scary, too, because of that dark and threatening sky. Sheesh!
I hope you have a wonderful time at the rodeo. Our best to Kylee! And if you wish to print out Ocala Macho to take with you, that's OK with me! :-)
No no no, MB... post em when you get em... I WANT TO SEE THEM! I know they're scary, but ya'll don't get twisters often, so I wanna see em when ya get em!!! =)
How southern did I just sound there? heheheee
Fine pictures.
The top shot is amazing!
Yesterday I spent the afternoon at the beach and now we're having quite a lightning show, thunders, heavy rain and I just watched on the news some parts of Lisbon are covered in white: hail! This is crazy!
Your weather has been a lot like ours, except I haven't heard of a local funnel cloud. It's OK, though, I don't want to hear of one, either! It is snowing at this moment...
Amazing pictures! That first shot is my worst nightmare though.
Strange weather.
We are having a very early summer after a very cold winter.
That is some scary weather!! Hope you have a safe trip this weekend.
All those rapid weather changes can make your head spin!
THEY LOOK AT THE SKY
The look at the sky, and they say,
“Though storm clouds be scudding my way,
I still like the sight;
By day or by night
All heaven’s a stunning display.”
© 2010 by Magical Mystical Teacher
Hem of Night
that is some weather! great skies too.
Fabulous shot of the funnel cloud...
That is what I call the whole spectrum of weather in a VERY short period of time.
I am glad it ended with a rainbow, the promise of God.
What a variety of weather you encountered in a short amount of time. Tornados are not to be taken lightly--I live in Kansas and they are not uncommon here. Mickie :)
What a spectacle.
Unbelievable for May.
If you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it will change. The funnel cloud is really crazy for Washington. Good that you had your camera and were able to capture it all.
That's a scary funnel cloud. I've seen water spouts on the lake when the wind is particularly strong. One hit our cabin face on and broke a rope on our boats moored to the deck. Fortunately it went by quick so we could run out and tie them back up. Good thing it didn't happen when we were away. - Margy
Very scary! It seems like there are way more tornadoes and funnel clouds that usual this year. (Or maybe it's happening close to places of people I know and that's what's really new.)
Post a Comment