Toppenish is a wonderful western town. I like all the murals (over 70) but specially the windows in this building in the first shot.
Incorporated in 1907, the City of Toppenish is located in Central Washington and is situated about 20 miles southeast of the City of Yakima. The City covers approximately two square miles and has a population of 9,000 residents.
The City of Toppenish has preserved its beginnings as a rugged western town through restoration and beautification efforts that make it a popular tourist attraction today. At the heart of the City and its beautification are over 70 outdoor, historical murals. They tell the story of early development of the City of Toppenish, and its rich history and cultural diversity.
MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






14 comments:
Many of these look more real paintings than murals... The are so better than our badly scribbled walls!
wow, neat murals, you would walk around all day looking at those.
Yes - I like the images on the windows in your first photo the best, too. Those are great.
Certainly the other murals are fantastic, too. I always love seeing huge murals like these on buildings.
You had SNOW this week! Wow! It does look nice though, doesn't it?!
Take care.
What fabulous paintings! I think I like the top one best, too. Especially the people peeking out.
A fine shot of these interesting and well done murals. I must get down there again sometime soon. I've been to Yakima but had no extra time to head south. Fine post.
These are wonderful murals. I'm glad they have helped preserve the town.
Oh how neat, Mary Beth... I would love to visit Toppenish sometime. Those murals are amazing---all of them.
Happy Easter.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Fascinating. What I like, too, is that all this of effort to look like a rugged western town are essentially authentic, for it is a rugged western town.
The murals are very well done...love that last one of the horse and rider bursting through the rodeo sign...
And the building with the windows...I've seen some of that in Colorado towns but nothing as extensive as this.
Superb post, MB!
How cool is that! Looks like several people stay at work in that building all the time... LoL!
MB
wow 70 murals. that is absolute wonderful to tell their history in mural. Thanks for sharing these few with us. Peace
All exceptional yet I agree the windows are my favorites.
I'm impressed by towns that are so proud of their history - proud enough to commission murals.
I don't think I've ever been to Toppenish. I'll have to check it out someday, it looks like a fun place to visit!
I had thought that I maybe saw you in the tulip fields on Monday, but probably not if you were in Toppenish.
I like the mural within a mural. Great eye candy. The top one reminds me of a building on a corner in Winslow Arizona built around The Eagles song. Tracy has been there!
Post a Comment