MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The whole story----Part 2

I had to check out this nest in Stanwood down by the Stilly River.  I had seen the pair before.  So I see one on the nest and take a few pictures and then I notice the other one in the pasture where the tree is located.  Soon the grounded one flew up to the tree
 On the ground
 Landing in the tree
 The one in the nest flew away
 Then the new arrival took over nesting duty
 Resting quietly
This all took place in about 7 minutes.  I took other pictures and there was lots of action so some of the pics are fuzzy----but I got them anyway.
Also using my small camera.  Grrr!!

to view many more wonderful birds go to:http://www.pineriverreview.blogspot.com/

26 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh, you did very well using your small camera! How exciting to see them nesting. Now you'll have to make several trips back to get more shots, although when the leaves are out it will be a bit harder.

VP said...

I really like your eagles, these pictures tell a story!

Lowell said...

Super series, MB! I am sorry about your camera and hope it can be fixed quickly and inexpensively, but you did good with the little p&s...

I suppose Momma went shopping while Daddy did some babysitting, right?

We do have eagles here, but I seldom see them and they're very hard to capture with a camera. Thus, I'm especially impressed with these shots!

Thanks for the note on the goats. Lois looked them up last night and said that's the name she came up with also.

Try to stay out of trouble today! OK? And you gotta let me know what's happening with regard to ... well, you know...

BirdingMaine said...

Great photos with your small camera! I watch a pair every summer that has a nest just across the cove from where we live.

Larry Jeffryes said...

GREAT series of pictures. Bald Eagles here are few and far between.

Halcyon said...

You are definitely going back to this place. I want to see the babies!!! :)

Bill S. said...

Great series of shots. I love the eagles and to watch them interact with each other. Great post.

FAB said...

Super series from around the nest site with your 'little' camera.

Unknown said...

They so incredible!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Lynn said...

What great shots and still very good despite your little camera. I'm going to forward your post on to my sister. She has a bird blog and I'm sure she'd love to see what you captured. I've never seen an eagle around here so this is very cool to me. And what an impressive nest! I wonder if they use them every year? Awesome! Thanks for visiting Cottage and Creek too. Have a great day.
~Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

EG CameraGirl said...

I can see why Americans call them their national bird. :)

don said...

What an excellent series that show us this domestic side of the Eagles as they exchange duties at the nest!
Very well done Marybeth!

Anonymous said...

ohhh what cool shots & I love seeing the Eagles up there no matter if they're blurry... VERY COOL! =)
I've been watching the babies on a web cam in Iowa... they're sooo cuuute & fuzzy! LoL!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous, Mary Beth... I love watching the Eagles --and have been watching them in their nest through the webcam at Decorah, Iowa. They had SNOW up there yesterday--lots of it!!!!!

Eagles are beautiful birds and both Mom and Dad are good parents.
Hugs,
Betsy

Springman said...

There is no shortage of eagles in Stanwood thats for sure. It is so great that you have this natural nesting site to observe and take these superb pictures of. I hope the BIG camera gets back in business soon, your eagles are waiting!

theconstantwalker said...

You are so lucky to have such a beautiful bird.
Lovely images many thanks for sharing.

Sondra said...

WELL you got some super shots!!! What a great subject to have such good access to!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this series of Eagle shots. They really show how the parents share the nesting duties. Hope we get to see pictures of the chicks!

Anonymous said...

Magnificent photos. It's nice that they share like that.

George said...

This is a wonderful photo sequence of the nesting eagles. Thanks for sharing it with us.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

You are so lucky,these are great shots,thanks for sharin them,you did a great shoot showing the parenting of the birds,phyllis

Fotokarusellen said...

Great shots. A beautiful set of images. Well done!
Have a nice easter.

eileeninmd said...

It is always exciting to see the eagles and very cool to see the nest. Great photos.

Rose said...

Wow...would have been wonderful to be there!

Mike B. @ slugyard.com said...

Great shots- I never tire of seeing bald eagles.

Magpie said...

See humans can learn a lot about parenting from nature. You took some great shots whatever camera you're using.