First, my daughter and SIL, the parents of the two little boys I have been snowed in with for well over a week, came up and spent Christmas Eve and the night. We woke up to another half of foot of snow and still coming down. See ajoining pictures. The computer won't work, the satelitte is jammed with snow and then the power goes off anyway. But we do have a lovely Christmas morning, the boys found their presents. So here are some morning pictures, look how the snow stretches the fencing, (that is what happens to overhead wires too) and the 4th pic is the road I live on and can you see my mailbox?? Pop quiz for the day. MB
19 comments:
Anonymous
said...
OMGosh - You guys really got it! It's sooo very beautiful though! Everything is snow covered & white! Sure wish we'd gotten snow here!
That's an incredible dumping you're dealing with. Lovely to behold ... for a day or too, but enough, already!
Glad you've got your power back, and Christmas celebrated as well. I see what you mean about the wire fencing. Incredible! And to think I never really thought about this before. Well, I'm just a city boy -:)
Stay warm ... and don't get lost trying to get to and from your mailbox. Whew! That would be a job for snowshoes ... or better ... time for a Florida vacation!
MB, My goodness. What is up with that. God must have been taking a little nap and left the snow running. Guess you have been a bit house bound, and we all know how you like to get out there on the back roads and get lost. Well sounds like you ended up having a nice Christmas, glad the family could make it in. Did you have to tie a rope from the house to the barn like I see in the movies so you could make it back without getting lost? Hope God woke up and things calm down a bit for you. I will show Richard the pictures, they are really pretty. NANCY JO
Hey what are you going, running a competition with us, lol. You look like you are almost ahead of the game. It is truly beautiful, but really terrible to have the power and essentials services off. Takes a very strong endurance level to cope. Our best wishes to you and yours in keeping warm, comfy and your heads above the snow.
I see your mailbox, just barely! Our snow here in Portland, Oregon is almost gone, although there are plenty of dirty, ice berg shapes here and there, where parking lots were plowed as well as snakes of dirty snow along the curbs, also the result of plowing. I was thankful to go to work today in my Keens, not my rubber boots with the Yak Traxx on the soles. Your photos are so good, I just hope I don't have snow nightmares!
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblindancer She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
19 comments:
OMGosh - You guys really got it! It's sooo very beautiful though! Everything is snow covered & white!
Sure wish we'd gotten snow here!
Hah! Darn good thing you still believe :)
That's an incredible dumping you're dealing with. Lovely to behold ... for a day or too, but enough, already!
Glad you've got your power back, and Christmas celebrated as well. I see what you mean about the wire fencing. Incredible! And to think I never really thought about this before. Well, I'm just a city boy -:)
Stay warm ... and don't get lost trying to get to and from your mailbox. Whew! That would be a job for snowshoes ... or better ... time for a Florida vacation!
It looks almost like a kind of fairy tale Christmas. A beautiful series of cards. Nice photos.
This is the ideal Christmas!! For northerners, that is. LOL
Awesome shots ... post card shots!!
Merry Christmas!
We sure wished for a white Christmas, but alas, not here in VA.
Vanessa
Oh my goodness, you got a ton of snow, it looks heavenly though! Stay in and keep warm!
Wow! That's a whole lotta white stuff!!
Amazing snow scenes.
MB,
My goodness. What is up with that. God must have been taking a little nap and left the snow running. Guess you have been a bit house bound, and we all know how you like to get out there on the back roads and get lost.
Well sounds like you ended up having a nice Christmas, glad the family could make it in. Did you have to tie a rope from the house to the barn like I see in the movies so you could make it back without getting lost?
Hope God woke up and things calm down a bit for you. I will show Richard the pictures, they are really pretty.
NANCY JO
Hey what are you going, running a competition with us, lol. You look like you are almost ahead of the game. It is truly beautiful, but really terrible to have the power and essentials services off. Takes a very strong endurance level to cope. Our best wishes to you and yours in keeping warm, comfy and your heads above the snow.
The world does seem a bit gray out their lately. The christmas lights are bringing a bit of colour to our world over here.
Perfect for Christmas and makes up for the snow we haven't had here. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
I think the mailbox is that thing that seems like a white lollipop!
Really beautiful shots :)
Gee, and I thought we had a lot of snow. Our Aunt in Anacortes. They walked to the store!
It looks so beautiful, MB. But I must say you seem to have gotten way more snow than necessary for a white Christmas. ;-)
That's a LOT of snow MB and I thought we got a lot! Beautiful photos though. Stay warm and cozy my friend.
I see your mailbox, just barely! Our snow here in Portland, Oregon is almost gone, although there are plenty of dirty, ice berg shapes here and there, where parking lots were plowed as well as snakes of dirty snow along the curbs, also the result of plowing. I was thankful to go to work today in my Keens, not my rubber boots with the Yak Traxx on the soles. Your photos are so good, I just hope I don't have snow nightmares!
Wow! What a Christmas, indeed. And in an area where we're not supposed to get much snow.
Post a Comment