Last month we went to Walla Walla here in Eastern Washington and visited the Fort Walla Walla Museum. Very neat. Several outdoor displays and 4 huge indoor display halls.
An interesting one was about the Prison in Walla Walla. Yes that is two words. Everyone like the town so much they named it twice.
So the prison was built 132 years ago and is the largest and oldest in the state. All the real hardened criminals go there.
This entrance was erected early in the 1900s or late 1800s and is still beautiful.
One of the exhibits was a prison room with 2 cells
And I got shoved in one and my daughter locked it and pushed an escape button and sirens went off and the loud speaker blared about a prison break and everyone laughed---right--haha
I found this interesting
Some cell made items to use as a "get out of jail card".
Some items used by the guards---and more escape stuff
Ols time picture of a guard tower
Linking us with Tom's Tuesday Treasures~~~~~HERE
An interesting one was about the Prison in Walla Walla. Yes that is two words. Everyone like the town so much they named it twice.
So the prison was built 132 years ago and is the largest and oldest in the state. All the real hardened criminals go there.
This entrance was erected early in the 1900s or late 1800s and is still beautiful.
One of the exhibits was a prison room with 2 cells
And I got shoved in one and my daughter locked it and pushed an escape button and sirens went off and the loud speaker blared about a prison break and everyone laughed---right--haha
I found this interesting
Some cell made items to use as a "get out of jail card".
Some items used by the guards---and more escape stuff
Ols time picture of a guard tower
Linking us with Tom's Tuesday Treasures~~~~~HERE



12 comments:
Oh dear, quite an experience! Happy MM.
Hello,
Now, that is an interesting tour. I am glad they let you out of jail.
Enjoy your day and week ahead!
...a prison museum, now this is something I've never seen before. Thanks Mary Beth for sharing, have a great week at this busy time of year.
Cool
History rocks (even if it was no fun at the time)
It's the artifacts that particularly draw my eye.
Wow, who knew? Walla Walla is on my Washington State bucket list.
That was very interesting. Thanks!
Reminds me of a tour I took of Alcatraz many years ago. They put you in solitary which was a very scary thing. - Margy
Pretty interesting visit. I would like to go there!
Strange tourist attraction! Interesting about how they identified people.
All this is interesting...somethings never change though. Inmates are not there because they obeyed the laws.
Good to know you managed to get out of that cell. Traditional prisons have not been effective in treating or eliminating crime. We need another way of dealing with criminals, perhaps attacking the causes of crime itself like poverty and ignorance. Interesting series of photos.
Post a Comment