MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, May 19, 2017

Pigeon

 It's a Band Tailed Pigeon.  I had never seen one before and all of a sudden it was looking at the bird feeders.  The next day he/she brought another one to stare at the feeders.  They never tried to use the feeders or scare the other birds.  Next day there were 4 and then I saw a bunch in the neighboting trees and now they have moved on.  
We have lots of pigeons on the lamp posts on the overpass by the freeway---it is close to the grain mill.  Those pigeons are Rock Pigeons not this one.  Rock Pigeons are the kind you see in the city---City Pigeons
 Anyway I kinda like this quiet bird----and he never got any feed
Linking to Eileen's Saturday's Critters~~~~~HERE

12 comments:

Tom said...

...it's much slimmer than the pigeons around here.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Your photo is beautiful,...lovely colours. This pigeon is one I have also never seen before,.. it's a lovely bird, but then I think all breeds of pigeons are attractive! Luckily you captured this one before it moved on.

Lea said...

Very pretty bird
Have a great week-end!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you have some pretty shots of this pigeon! They look prettier than the city pigeon.


Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post! Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Lowell said...

That's fascinating. Another bird to add to your collection. You do have a wonderful collection of colorful avians! That first shot is like a painting!

A Colorful World said...

What a beautiful bird! Great photos.

William Kendall said...

That's certainly not one I've seen here.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots of pigeon.

Taken For Granted said...

I have never come across a Banded Tailed Pigeon before. Thank you for the great photos of these. Perhaps they did not eat at the feeders because their favorite items were not on the menu. Rock Pigeons will eat almost anything not being picky about their diets.

Jeanne said...

Such a lovely bird this is. We have lots of pigeons around where we live year around. They are so pretty

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

There used to be a whole flock of pigeons at the bakery in the townsite. The owner used to feed them bread crumbs. Now that it is closed they've moved on, not sure where. - Margy

Rose said...

It has such beautiful coloring...really a beautiful bird.