MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, March 10, 2014

Daffodil Workers

The Daffodils are starting to bloom in the Valley.   Skagit Valley is home to one of the largest Bulb farms in the US.  Daffodils, Tulips and Japanese/Siberian Iris.  Before the Daffodils fully open the workers pick them.  12 to a bunch.  These bunches are then sent to stores, supermarkets and florists all over the US to be sold as cut flowers.
 This is just one field among many


I guess you can tell we have had LOTS of rain.

13 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Mine are in full bloom in the living room, shame they won't last a bit! They are also in full bloom in Versailles... I can't wait to see your tulip shots that will remind me of a good day!

Elaine said...

They're looking good! I'm hoping the tulips will start blooming soon too!

Lowell said...

I'm always amazed at the scope of such farming in your valley. Huge! But what a blessing to the country as a whole! Pretty spring photos! One would have to be daffy not to appreciate them!

TexWisGirl said...

SO cool! just a neat farm.

Sally in WA said...

This is definitely one thing I miss about living in the Methow.

Lady Di Tn said...

Ours are about 3 inches out of the ground. The weather has confused them . Last week ,the first 2 days we had an ice storm ,this week the first 2 days it has been in the 70s. Tomorrow winter returns. I would love to stand in the middle of this field to smell their wonderful fragrance . Peace

William Kendall said...

You've had plenty of rain!

The patterns of yellow in these rows are lovely.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - just a few weeks ago they were just barely sticking out of the ground - we must get down there and see the fields again. And we must get to the grocery store and buy bundles and bundles of daffodils - I love this time of the year!!!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Oh, I would love to see rows and rows of flowers like that! I think the workers are going to get their feet muddy. :)

Linda Reeder said...

I buy them by the bunches this time of year. I don't like to pick my own.
That job calls for muck boots, for sure!

CDH said...

Cant believe they are already blooming! I worked in the yard today. And even mowed the sticks in the yard! lol! Now my wrist hurts.

Dave Wenning said...

Is that Best Road/Pleasant Ridge in the background? That's my commute to work every day. Your post reminds me of all the amazing things I see while avoiding the Burlington/Mt. Vernon corridor. Thanks.

Rose said...

I bet their shoes were heavy with mud by the end of a day...shoot, probably by the end of an hour!