MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, December 6, 2010

Pioneer Barn

This barn is in Stanwood on Pioneer highway. I like it.



The basketball hoop that is on the barn. Notice the chain net.



The house that goes with the barn. Still lived in.

Ske-daddle over to Trisha's to see more spectacular barns:
http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com/

23 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Both the barn and the house are simply gorgeous. Long may the house be lived in.

VP said...

Great house, nice barn. I have never seen a hoop of chain!

Lowell said...

This looks like a very nice farm that just needs a little TLC. At some point I'd guess it was thriving and lots of kids were running around.

Sorry about your slow computer. Have you defragged the hard drive recently?

Lowell said...

Me again. If you ever remember why so many winning Canadian race horses are trained in the U.S., let me know...

Re your comment on The Villages: You have to be very careful 'cause these guys may look like they're just laying there or treading water but they can move like lightning. I've seen them come out of nowhere to go after a bird. Sounds like the end of the world!

Lowell said...

You were full of questions this morning!

Wet 'N Wild, from what I understand, is now part of Universal Orlando...that's the Universal Studios theme park...we've never been there, although our daughter and family in south Florida often buys season tickets so they get there a couple of times a year.

Jan n Jer said...

Nice shot, love the roof lines!

Anonymous said...

You know, these pictures make me want to move out of the city.

Magpie said...

Looks like a well-used basketball hoop....and barn. Glad it's still being enjoyed.

Lady Di Tn said...

I always like barn photos and this is one of my favorite. Peace

Rose said...

I think I would love to live in that barn....I might have enough room then for all my crap! It is a real beauty.

Anonymous said...

Ske-daddle over... I'm glad you spelled that, I wouldn't have known where to start! LoL! =)

This place looks like it's well taken care of, except, maybe the house needs some work worse than the barn when usually it's the other way around... but that's a cool house, looks haunted/ing - like those houses they use in old movies where 'ladies of the night' walked the 2nd balcony hollerin' down at the guys on the old dirt streets in old west towns askin' if they want a date...! heheheee =)

Gaelyn said...

Great barn! Don't see many metal chained hoops anymore. I Really Like the old house. Nice to see it still lived in and cared for.

Lois said...

I like the barn, but that house is just wonderful!

George said...

That farm -- barn and house -- has been around for a while. It's great that both are still in use. Wonderful pictures.

EG CameraGirl said...

That's a really big barn and it looks like it's in pretty good shape too.

Sally in WA said...

At first I couldn't place this barn. But as soon as I saw the house, I knew exactly where it is. :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow-- Beautiful barn and home, Mary Beth... Love the basketball goal also.. Bet some kids had a great time there at one time...

Oh what i would give to have that home ---if I had more pennies in my piggy bank... ha

Hugs
Betsy

SouthernSass said...

I love the basketball goal with the chain - I bet lots of kids played beside that old barn. The house is neat too but looks kind of haunted to me! :)

Elaine said...

Lovely old barn and house!

ronandrosi.blogspot.com said...

I love barns, and this one is one of my favorites. We pass it when we ride the motorcycle to Conway I think! The Jordan bridge is about 8 miles from our WA house. You have some great pictures of some of my favorite sights.

Unknown said...

I like them both!

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, I LOVE the house! I'd love to have one like that!

Tina Leavy said...

oh wow..those are lovely.I love the look of the house...very charming.