Your header picture still takes my breath away. Blue Herons are summer visitors here and feed on the fish and frogs in the Pine River right behind my house. I can see them from the sliding glass door that exits onto the deck. I swear, one barly audible creak and whoosh they're pumping those great wings and I see what you have beautifully captured, the Great Blue Heron in flight! ;-)WBW
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblindancer She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
18 comments:
Were you really that close? Nah, huh?
My oh my, what a picture. Terrific.
It reminds me of the Concorde... (I know planes better than birds, sorry!)
Funny neck form when it flies off... good capture!
And you got too close and he was outta there!
Beautiful bird, heh? But they tend to be rather skittish.
You can't be up and about this early in the morning? Must have posted this last night...
Uh oh. I don't think he's very happy with you.
Oh no you invaded his space. So he gave you some. Peace
Your header picture still takes my breath away. Blue Herons are summer visitors here and feed on the fish and frogs in the Pine River right behind my house. I can see them from the sliding glass door that exits onto the deck. I swear, one barly audible creak and whoosh they're pumping those great wings and I see what you have beautifully captured, the Great Blue Heron in flight! ;-)WBW
Flighty things...birds. :)
Then showed off its magnificent flight for you, and us. Great capture and reward for patience.
At least you got some good pictures before he flew the coop!
Beautiful! I'm especialy fond of the flying shot.
Great pictures, both of them.... Love seeing the Heron --even if it didn't like seeing you!!!!! ha
Hugs,
Betsy
They are so graceful!
Really good close-up... what a beauty! =)
Both of these pictures are wonderful.
I encountered one this past summer that reacted the same way. They can be scary when scared.:)
Love your captures!
Great photos of the heron. They're not easy to get close to.
Post a Comment