MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, December 14, 2009

More Snow

Well the snow did arrive and school was cancelled for the day. Both daughters left for work and arrived ok. Kylee had a friend over and they went horseback riding. As you can see our dirt road was covered with snow and stayed that way all day. Apparently there is not much snow about 4 miles away. that is down the hill. So it looks pretty up here and life goes on elsewhere





20 comments:

Priyanka Khot said...

Wow! Looks beautiful. It would be nice if Delhi too witnessed snow fall..

Season's Greetings

cieldequimper said...

Ah, life does sort of stop for a while when everything is white and muted, doesn't it?! These are all lovely, it's winter wonderland! ;-)

Jim Klenke said...

beautiful pictures, i bet a horse back ride was fun.

B SQUARED said...

I used to pray for snow days.

Lowell said...

I must admit, even though I don't have much affection for the white stuff, that your photos make it look wonderful!

A great series depicting a kind of serenity -- while, as you say, life goes on elsewhere!

Super pics, MB! Each is a pleasure to look at!

Lady Di Tn said...

Beautiful header and snow photos. Looks a lot like Christmas in your area. Whew, Leavenworth was festive at night but a bajillion people in the first photo for sure. I am not much on crowds either. LOL

NitWit1 said...

I love the photos but think this may be a major snow event. Hope you are coping OK.

It is the season for nostalgia; snow is one of those memories.

Maybe some of your photos could be converted to Christmas cards. How much more personal can that be?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous Mary Beth... I love SNOW... (Did you know that??? ha ha)... Looks like the girls enjoyed going horseback riding in the snow.

I love seeing the snow on the evergreens. Beautiful!!!! AND--that one with the red berries is great also.

Thanks for showing the snow to us... I want SOME!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!
You can send some snow this way if you want, like you said yesterday in my post yesterday - I don't want too awful much though! heheheee

Anonymous said...

PS What a beautiful header shot, too! Very Christmas-y!

Russell said...

Wow! I feel like I am in the middle of a Currier and Ives Christmas card! Beautiful!

You truly do live in God's country!!!

Keep those horses safe!! It gets slippery on that snow!! Heh!

Betty said...

Love your header. Looks like you have a Winter Wonderland too. Ours is all gone and it is 40 this morning.I hope You get a little sun.
The girls look like they are having fun riding in the snow.
~~Hugs~~

Alpicks Treasures said...

Love the new header. Your shots are breathtaking.... Ahhhh sweet.

Linda Reeder said...

Lovely. And I'm glad you got the "pretty" and not me.

Louis la Vache said...

MB - you should publish these images as postcards on Zazzle! Wonderful!

tapirgal said...

It looks a little quieter than yesterday, too. It's beautiful! I can only imagine riding horses in it. How delightful!

Don and Krise said...

Great shots, all of them. Add my name to the list of people that really likes the header pic. Where was that taken?

EG CameraGirl said...

The snow is beautiful! We haven't had anything that lovely yet this year.

George said...

These are beautiful pictures of your snowy world. I really like the last one with the snow on the berries.

raf said...

These pix are all Christmas card perfect, MB~!