MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here's more........

.....Tulips!!! And then I will move on to something else. I've got a zillion different pictures. The day was so beautiful as were the flowers, I just kept clicking away. As soon as the flowers reach peak the workers will lop their heads off and then let the greens die back and harvest the bulbs. Bulbs from the Skagit Valley are sold worldwide.






15 comments:

Jilly said...

My God, I'm just catching up with all these amazing tulips and the whirling tulips. How clever. I thought for a moment I was in HOlland.

Try the email to this address - don't know why the other one didn't work tho.

jilly (at) pensionmilou.com

Lowell said...

I can't believe how many tulips you've got and how beautiful they are! Great photos!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi MB, I can NEVER get enough of those tulips. AMAZING... Those colors are so gorgeous!!!! WOW... Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Betsy

cieldequimper said...

Never tire of pictures like these. I love the first one, the interminable rows!

Frankie / Nick said...

Oh MB! Beautiful beyond words and in such abundance! We are hoving around the frost line here this week. It is so good to see all of your surrounding beauty.

EG CameraGirl said...

And they are soooo beautiful, just like the last ones you posted!

Stefan Jansson said...

wow. love the first photo.

Miranda McAfee said...

Wow, that is a lot of tulips! I am going to the Tulip festival in Utah this weekend and can't wait to see what I can shoot. How colorful and fun!

Jim Klenke said...

I love those colors.

Anonymous said...

Some competition for Holland and their bulbs. I don't know where walmart gets their bulbs but that's where I would buy them.

The Hamlet of Gordon, Ohio

Anonymous said...

I can't express how much I love these pics - I don't have words for it, except to say that they're BEAUTIFUL!!! I love them

Janice Thomson said...

Gosh what an amazing variety of colours and shapes. Fantastic shots MB.

Chuck Pefley said...

As you said, they are "here". I missed them Sunday ... our ride leader, for whatever reason, didn't stop at any of the fields to smell the flowers, as it were ... it was a ride through the fields. Oh well. I'd be disappointed if I didn't already have coverage of the Skagit tulips. Lovely series, MB.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I'm envious of your tulips. Just how many does a gal need I ask ya.

George Townboy said...

Amazing.