The Heron I shot at Tennent Lake near Bellingham later in the day. His feathers were ruffled by the wind. Doesn't he look like he is standing on an alligator? Maybe he is. MB




SCENES OF MY TOWN AND MT. BAKER TOO




SCENES OF MY TOWN AND MT. BAKER TOO
14 comments:
It isn't all that often that we see Eagles on the ground. Here they usually dive for their prey and leave. The Heron definitely looks unhappy. Must be upset by the hairdo.
You really are a woman of luck ... just picture it. You take a walk and bring home photos of eagles and herons, and I would bring of sparrows and, with a bit of luck, one or two doves or nightingales!
A few birds...wow. I wish. I wish I had an eagle. Or even a turkey. I got some birds but nothing like these.
Beautiful capture.
The Hamlet of Gordon
Neat shots, I like the eagle standoff.
I just love to see Eagle photos - Wish I could see some around here in SE Mo., but no luck w/ that!
Yes it does look like he's standing on an alligator. I'm so amazed that you have eagles so near your home!
Oh Mary Beth, I'd give my right arm just to see an Eagle. What a gorgeous bird!!!!!! The heron is pretty too-but not as much so as the Eagle.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy
Great series of shots MB. in the stand off is the brown eagle an immature Bald eagle or is it a golden eagle?
Janice, the brown eagles are immatures or juvenile. You probably already know that the Eagle doesn't get all the white or is fully mature until about 5 yrs old. MB
Betsy, I wouldn't like to see you without your arm. LOL MB
BTW A new foal was just born and the Eagles were actually vieing for the plecenta. Good scavengers. MB
Can't imagine having eagles wandering about where I live...great shots!
Definitely a day for the birds -:)
I think it's amazing how many eagles you see and photograph!
This one deserved a video!
I'm back home and catching up. Looks like your subject matter for Sunday and mine for Wednesday have a lot in common.
Post a Comment