MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, July 24, 2017

She's a Smoking Gun

Wednesday my Daughter  Shannon found her very special horse Jewel (She's a Smoking Gun is her registered name)dead in her pasture.  Shannon has owned and loved Jewel since the horse was a 2 yr. old.   They have worked hard, played and learn much in those years.  Jewel was 18 yrs--perfect age
 She raced her and penned and sorted cows on her and rode her on trails.   Shannon and Jewel were a team. A real cow pony.
 Run free Sweet Jewel

She died accidentally.'   She was a true treasure and great cow pony

Linking to Tom's Tuesday's Treasures~~~Here

16 comments:

Tom said...

...what a sweet tribute to a real treasure. I don't know what more to say other than thank you, Mary Beth.

Terry and Linda said...

Oh! That is sad! An accidental death is very sad.

Taken For Granted said...

That is just sad. Such a fine horse.

William Kendall said...

Oh, I'm sorry.

Bill said...

Very sad, I'm so sorry.

Linda said...

Mary Beth,
We are so sorry to hear this news.
Our hearts hurt for your daughter.
Sweet Dreams Jewel, rest in peace.

Astro and Linda

Michelle said...

So very sorry.

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, no! What a heart wrenching loss. So sorry.

Rose said...

Oh, MB, I am so sorry for Shannon and Jewel...I know it hurts.

The Furry Gnome said...

So sorry to hear that.

Linda said...

Aww! Well, she was a real jewel for sure.

betty-NZ said...

How sad that she's gone but I know your daughter has many great memories.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm so very sorry. I wish I had better words .

Blogoratti said...

That's a sad one and hard to come to terms with no doubt. Warm greetings.

Tanya Breese said...

oh my goodness this is heartbreaking...i can't imagine your daughters pain at finding her sweet friend like that :( a beautiful tribute for a beautiful horse...

Light and Voices said...

Sweet jewel. Can't be replaced. Missed forever. Nice tribute.