This is mural of the first Mail and passenger boat to deliver the mail and people and goods to the San Juan Islands. The Islands are North and west of Anacortes in the Salish Sea. Circa 1900
To see more exciting murals go to http://oaklanddailyphoto.blogspot.fr/ and enjoy
An important event to commemorate. Can you imagine the sense of isolation before there was mail delivery? The mural looks like it has raised sections which add depth to the image. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblindancer She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
18 comments:
I think that's a job I would have liked! Cool mural!
Nice one. I like a bit of a story with my mural. Thanks
A nice mural in delicate colours.
Nice mural. Is there a peticular reason why that mural is on this place?
Very nice!
oh, that's cool! and i liked your title. :)
I always love seeing murals...seems like there are more of them now than I ever remember seeing.
The colours suit this mural. Wonderful.
You're getting good with titles...very snappy! But I thought San Juan was in Puerto Rico! Boy, I sure am confused sometimes!
Nice mural, though. Wonder how that ship would fare in a storm?
And I see your referencing Anna Cortez again.
This is a neat mural. I like the history as well.
A very nice mural! It looks very refreshing to see it on a hot day.
A real nice looking mural. I really like the colors.
Neat mural. Bet it was hard getting mail and supplies --and even people---to remote areas in 1900... Interesting.
Hugs,
Betsy
Sure looks different than the ferries of today!
It's lovely!
So many small towns are having murals these days. Bellingham even has quite a few. I think they really add character to a community. - Margy
An important event to commemorate. Can you imagine the sense of isolation before there was mail delivery? The mural looks like it has raised sections which add depth to the image. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.
Neat record of how things were in 1900.
Post a Comment