MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bird rescue~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wild bird Wednesday

This little guy, Cedar Waxwing (bombycilla cedrorum) was in the Blueberries.  we have a netting over the berries to keep the deer from eating the leaves and the birds, mainly Robins, from eating the berries.  This guy was under the netting.  We got him out--he was happy.

 Here he is looking a bit unhappy.  See the Blueberries and netting in the background.
 Here is a picture I took in the woods in the Spring. One of my favorite birds.  They love berries or any soft fruit.  A flock will start at the top of a, say Mountain Ash, with all its red berries and devour the tree berries in a day.  Interesting to watch.  A beautiful bird.
Here is a pic I got off the internet.  Thank you no name.  See the red tips on his wings--that is where the name wax wing comes from.

To view more birds go to http://www.paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/ and enjoy.

17 comments:

mick said...

Beautiful little bird and I am glad you could rescue it from the net. I had similar troubles with a net over my blueberries - but with Australian birds. I had to get out and rescue them before my cat found them! Eventually it was such a worry that I just took the net off and let the birds eat what they wanted.

eileeninmd said...

They do love the berries, pretty birds. I am glad you rescued the Waxwing. Have a happy day!

Stewart M said...

Thats a wonderful bird to have in your garden! I think I'd give up a few berries to see one!

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

Stewart M - Melbourne

PS: I added another image to the WBW - I forgot last night!

Huldra said...

So sweet. Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

They're beauties!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Unknown said...

Lucky guy! And beautiful too.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wazwings do love berries! This one was very lucky that you rescued it. :)

MJ said...

Such pretty birds. That little guy was really determined to get to those berries... silly bird.

Unknown said...

Beautiful bird!

TexWisGirl said...

just love these birds! yay for rescuing that invader!

CDH said...

Pretty bird. Do we have them over here? I have never seen one before.

cieldequimper said...

Poor thing must have been scared to death... Pretty wings!

Lowell said...

It is a beautiful bird but I don't think we have them here. I don't think we have blueberries here, either, but I could be wrong - that's happened once or twice in my life.

Gaelyn said...

They are beautiful, but not eating your berries. Saw them act drunk in Wenatchee after eating fermented apples.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love Cedar Wax Wings they are a beautiful bird Great shots. B

Lady Di Tn said...

These little guys come and scarf down all the holly berries in the fall of the year as they travel through TN. I do not see them until the berries are ripe. LOL Glad you save the little feathered guy. Are those PVC pipes you have the net attached onto?

Rose said...

I have never seen one of these up close in real life, but have finally seen some. They are a gorgeous bird.