Lisa Liedgren designed a mural for the renovated Historic Wilson Hotel in
Anacortes, Washington, in 2006. The piece was unanimously selected by
the jurors of the Anacortes Arts Commission and funded by Beacon
Development as part of the hotel’s redevelopment project. More than two
stories tall, the mural features a portrait of Annie Curtis Bowman, the
town’s namesake, translated into dots of reflective copper-colored
paint.
The Wilson Hotel was built in 1890 and renovated in 2006. Anacortes was named for one of the founding fathers, Amos Bowman, wife Anna Curtis.
Go to http://oaklanddailyphoto.blogspot.com to see more Murals for Monday
The Wilson Hotel was built in 1890 and renovated in 2006. Anacortes was named for one of the founding fathers, Amos Bowman, wife Anna Curtis.
Go to http://oaklanddailyphoto.blogspot.com to see more Murals for Monday

15 comments:
Point-a-liz-um at it finest, my sister has a pen and ink of a huge tree that I did in this method. Wonder if the "Wilson Hotel" belongs in our family tree? I am so happy it was restored as so many treasures are just torn down. We have a major problem here in TN with that happen.Our top state official wants the Cordell Hull building torn down. Thanks for putting a mt on the previous post.
Peace
Hmmm...I thought that was a Spanish word honoring the "conquistador" Senor Cortez. But now I see I was wrong. Again. This is happening too often of late. What can I do about it?
Anna Curtis translates in some strange way to Anacortes. Is that what you're saying.
Buenos tardes. I'm gonna take a nap.
It looks as if they did a wonderful job of renovating the hotel. The mural is really neat.
I bet that is quite spectacular when the sun is shining on it!
very cool mural!
I haven't seen a mural like this before, it's beautiful!
Interesting story, cool façade and look at that sky! (We've gone from mid 50s straight to 90°. Miserable, me, I am... :-))
Actually the portrait reminds me of Anne Frank for some reason.
Handsome building. I think it's wonderful that it has been renovated! The mural is cool.
Beautiful mural, Mary Beth. That is neat that the town is named after Anna Curtis.... Bet that is a pretty hotel inside too.
Hugs,
Betsy
Fascinating technique. Somehow, I feel like I've seen it before--but can't swear to it. Even though it's a massive image, it enhances rather than detracts from the building. I can see why this design won approval. (Anne Frank is who I thought of too). Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.
Beautiful! But then Anacortes has quite a few lovely old buildings.
That is a mural of a different sort...and I love it. Would never have thought to do something like that.
This mural is wonderful!
I just love it!
I know this place well! I was up in your area again but was so busy with visitors that I didn't have a chance to look you up! Now I'm back in Cali again...too bad. Love looking at your photos though! They warm my heart!
Post a Comment