MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Two shots for Weekend Reflection


This shot taken in June of last year when the snow was still covering the lake. This is Mt. Shuksan and somewhere under the snow is Picture Lake.
I thought you all would like something cool because it has been so hot.

 Mount Shuksan and Picture lake last November before too
much snow fell.

It seems like role reversal.

To see more reflective shots go to http://www.weekendreflection.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Lowell said...

Beautiful. I especially like the 2nd shot with the reflections in the lake. Kinda hot up thataway, heh? It's only 91 here today. Did get a little warm on the golf course!

TexWisGirl said...

just gorgeous and yes, refreshing!

Rose said...

They sure look good to me! Both are beautiful scenes, but the coolness just looks so wonderful...I suppose it is around 90 here...but the humidity is horrible.

cieldequimper said...

Ah thank you! The temperatures here have shot up all of a sudden, it's too hot here now.

That's a place I'd love to see.

And yes, hot butter or mayonnaise are good. Have you ever tried with a simple "real" French dressing though? Olive oil + red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar) + salt + pepper + Dijon mustard?

CDH said...

Love the 2nd shot! It wont be long and we'll all be belly acheing that its too cold, too wet, too muddy! :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous shots---both of them... Wow!!!! Hope you all have had a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Elaine said...

Both beautiful shots! Yes, we've been having hot weather and very little rain, with wildfires burning close to town. Still, we are losing daylight and I know we'll be seeing snow all too soon. I think I'll just stay in denial and soak up the summer....

Gaelyn said...

Thanks for the cooling off. I always liked to visit Picture Lake, when there was no snow.

Lady Di Tn said...

Wow this will be nice to look at this afternoon when it gets 95 degrees. July 4th weekends was the coolest on record and now the normal HEAT here in TN begins. Thanks for showing us one of yawls treasures. Someday, I am gonna show up and ask you to be my guide around the area. Peace

George said...

I feel like we've had some topsy-turvy weather this year as well, but nothing quite this extreme. Both of your photos are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful.