MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mt. Shuksun, Picture Lake and Sky Watch

Continuing wednesdays roadtrip to Mt. Baker, one of the best photo ops is Mt. shuksun and Picture lake. Mt. shuksun all 9,127 ft is one of the photographed Mts. in the Cascade Range of Washington. Here she is reflected in Picture Lake with a beautiful blue sky background. But Look! what is zooming up from behind. Oops!! Modern day jet. I thought it looked kinda neat. Maybe I should call this 'streaking vapor trails'. MB

this beautiful area is about 2 1/2 hours from my house. I love it.

to see more skys from around the world or to participate go to www.skyley.blogspot.com




23 comments:

magiceye said...

superb captures!
love the last the best!

Mike's Travels said...

Picture postcard shots. lovely :)
My Skywatch

Unknown said...

terrific shots!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful scene. I don't think Hollywood could make it any better or choose a better location than this one. It is impressive.

By the way, the $20.00 Patty gave me for the week was for gasoline all week to and from work and for lunches at work, and for one carton of cigarettes. I wish now, with my collapsed lung and other breathing problems she had given me less. Maybe I wouldn't have smoked as much.

Unseen India Tours said...

Beautiful and lovely shot !! Fantastic post !! THanks for sharing the beauty !!Unseen Rajasthan

Lowell said...

Classic shots...they could become the cover of "Outdoor Photographer" magazine - so you ought to send them in!

What great natural beauty!

Have a wonderful weekend, MB!

Unknown said...

Great shots! An amazing set indeed.

Janice Thomson said...

Whoa! These are superb shots MB. The clarity is divine as are the scenes themselves.

Lois said...

Those are stunning shots! The reflections are gorgeous.

Lady Di Tn said...

Now that is what the word "BEAUTIFUL" was created to be used. It sad to see the falls so low in the previous post and the shellfish post makes this kitty HUNGRY. PEACE

Gaelyn said...

The Cascades really are very photogenic. You've captured this reflection most superbly, even the contrail shows. Excellent.

Lois said...

You should link this to the Weekend Reflections meme over at Newtown Area Photo: newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com/2009/10/special-weekend-reflections.html
It would be a great addition!

cieldequimper said...

Oh my, you need to start selling your photos! I would love to send postcards like the first one when I'm in the Pacific Northwest!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

That first shot looks like a painting and the ones with the jet are amazing - all great captures.

Thanks so much for the camera input. I'll check those out.

Anonymous said...

beauty... beauty... beautiful!

Greg Dimitriadis said...

Amazing photos. My favourite is the close up on the aircraft contrail.

Don and Krise said...

You really did good job on these. What beautiful scenery. Go ahead, pat yourself on the back. :-)

Rose said...

Ohhhh--beautiful!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary Beth. There's no better picture than the ones you took showing the water and that beautiful mountain... WOW--the reflection is amazing. PERFECT setting... Thanks!
Hugs,
Betsy

Martha Z said...

So beautiful, great captures.

Betty said...

Best picture place in Washington and you did it proud.
~~Hugs ~~

Anzu said...

It is this scenery
which is beautiful
so that a sigh is given.
(*´ο`*)=3

EG CameraGirl said...

It sure is beautiful where you live!