I remembered that the man who glided in the last post told me how to get to the top of Blanchard. So today I decided to take a run up there. Not the best day for taking pictures as it was gray, foggy, misty and windy. Stubborn me went anyway. It was pretty easy--a gravel road mostly and only nasty in a few spots. My trusty little car went up like a champ. And I did manage to get a few pictures.
Blanchard Mountain or Hill as it is posted has an elevation of 2300 feet. So I guess it is just a hill.
The view on the way up.


At the top looking down. Pretty huh.
The spot where the gliders take off
I can see where they land.



Looking out at the San Juan Islands. In the misty fog.
20 comments:
Nice view, looks like a great place to get photos and enjoy nature.
Looks pretty even in the fog.
I like Mt. (Hill) Blanchard! It's about the right height for me...
And a lovely place it is...with quite a view.
Sometimes, foggy and misty means excellent photo opportunities as you have shown us here...
Have a nice day, MB!
You got some wonderful pictures, even if it was a foggy day. I like the pictures of the islands among the mist.
Even with the less than perfect weather the pictures turned out great!
Just a hill?! HaHaHa! The highest point in Missouri is 1772 ft! We're the ones with 'just hills!'
As you stood at the jumping off place, did you still have the urge to soar?
A pretty typical day around here isn't it? A little fog, a little drizzle, and a nice shade of gray. Still I pat you on the back for your sense of adventure. You ended up with some nice photos. Good for you!
Certainly worth the drive, even if foggy. The views are excellent from this "hill" and the take off site looks very open. So, when do you jump?
Great pictures.I really like the misty islands.
~~Hugs~~
I think the fog is lovely in these photos. It's fun to watch gliders but I would never, NEVER do it. I don't think chickens can fly. ;-)
I've only ever seen the San Juan islands from above, my list of places to visit in the PN is getting longer and longer! Lovely view!
This is a nice place to be. I would stay there and watch the winter go by.
MB,
Boy for a minute, well even longer I was thinking that was you jumping and gliding to the ground. I bet you could do it.
Thinking about you today because I was making some cards. But somehow they just don't come out as nice as yours.
Great pictures as always!!
Nancy Jo
You were in my neighborhood that day! It's less than 5 minutes from my house. (:-D
Beautiful indeed.
Love the fall colors Marybeth.
The yellow touch in the first set is beautiful! Wonderful views!
MB
Great post the last few days. Oh, how I wish that windmill was mine.
The color in your area is beautiful. Hope your Mothers home sells quickly. That was a peaceful place to have lunch. I would rather climb than jump. Peace
Very cool. We got to see more of your location in panoramic style.
great follow-up and bulldog tenacity. MB; It is cold tonight and starting to snow, brrrr!
Post a Comment