MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jump off Blanchard Mountain

Down the hill from my house and going west and north across the Skagit Valley is Blanchard Mountain (actually a hill) a favorite jumping off place for hang gliders and such. This isn't me although I think it would be a fun thing to do. The fellow jumpng told me how to drive to the top so my next mission...................MB







12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't do that kind of thing but have hopes nobody gets hurt doing it.

Lowell said...

I'm with Abe. But I like to watch. And this looks a bit less dangerous than some hang gliding sites I've seen.

Are you really gonna do it? Please have someone with a long lens so we can see the expression on your face as you go soaring off into the stratosphere!

It does look like fun. And these are very fine photos of someone having lots of fun.

Have a great day!

Betty said...

That does look (kinda) like fun.I don't know if I could do it but maybe if the opportunity came up I might try it. Great shots.
~~Hugs~~

Gaelyn said...

OMG, that looks like soooo much fun. Ought to be interesting to see it from the top. I'd go with someone experienced, if it wasn't so costly. Hope you get a chance. And please take pics from the air.

Don and Krise said...

I'll tell you what, you do the flyin' and I'll bring my camera. Deal??

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to do that! Can you imagine FLYING?! Oh so cool!

Jim Klenke said...

Jump off a good mountain? I may try it.....yeah right.

tapirgal said...

I was just looking at the top of your blog again. The mountains are SO lovely, so many, and so varied. I really have to come see them!

Re my post. I think a lot of ships register in Monrovia because it's cheaper.

Lee Spangler said...

Looks terrific. I'd like to try it but I am afraid I'd soil my pants!

George said...

There's a place not too far from us that hang-gliders use. I agree that it looks like fun, but I'm not sure I'm ready to try it.

EG CameraGirl said...

Looks so dangerous to me. I'm better at being a tree hugger.

Unknown said...

My favourite is the middle shot!