Outside all day working in the yard. Well cleaning up a long neglected area behind the barn. It is overgrown with Salmon berries and Briars. While we were working I would occasionally go and take a picture of Mt. Rainier. At first, about 11am it was mostly cloudy and over cast and we go from there.
Today was a nice but unsunny day.
Around 11am--cloudy but you can see her flanks
Peeking more----do you see her
Very shy--covering up again
Maybe 1:30 I thought the clouds were going to cover her up
But she started peeking out again
And here she is at 3:45 out but very pale
Taken on our way home from Eastern wa. via Naches and Chinook Pass. What a beauty.
Mt. Rainier belongs to my friend Deena. So she says anyway. Her Mother gave it to her when she was a small child---she lords it over me. but I have Mt. baker so there!
Here is what I could see if there was a beautiful sunrise
Mt. Rainier is the highest (14,417ft or 4392m) peak in the Cascade range and the highest in the state of Wa. Also the mountain is an active volcano and with 26 major glaciers she would wipe out the surrounding Valley if there was an eruption. The most heavely glaciated peak in the lower 48.
I show Mt. Baker more often because it is so much closer than Rainier but I go to Baker more often.
Mt. Rainier is one of Washington's precious treasures.
Linking to Tom's TUESDAY'S TREASURES~~~HERE
Today was a nice but unsunny day.
Around 11am--cloudy but you can see her flanks
Peeking more----do you see her
Very shy--covering up again
Maybe 1:30 I thought the clouds were going to cover her up
But she started peeking out again
And here she is at 3:45 out but very pale
Taken on our way home from Eastern wa. via Naches and Chinook Pass. What a beauty.
Mt. Rainier belongs to my friend Deena. So she says anyway. Her Mother gave it to her when she was a small child---she lords it over me. but I have Mt. baker so there!
Here is what I could see if there was a beautiful sunrise
Mt. Rainier is the highest (14,417ft or 4392m) peak in the Cascade range and the highest in the state of Wa. Also the mountain is an active volcano and with 26 major glaciers she would wipe out the surrounding Valley if there was an eruption. The most heavely glaciated peak in the lower 48.
I show Mt. Baker more often because it is so much closer than Rainier but I go to Baker more often.
Mt. Rainier is one of Washington's precious treasures.
Linking to Tom's TUESDAY'S TREASURES~~~HERE


13 comments:
What a glorious progression.
gosh, your views...
I like those views!
Superb walk through the various visions of Mt. Baker! And the last one sums it all up perfectly! Got to say again, your photography is wonderful!
Beautiful! I'd love to have a go at climbing it.
Wow, impressive views!
How come you're always right? I remember a moment of hesitation when I typed Mt. Baker ... it just didn't seem right. That's what happens though when you don't double check your work! Sorry 'bout that.
I love them all, but especially that last shot!
Beautiful scenes!
Inspiring awe
WE do love The Mountain!
It is a lovely mountain. I'm glad you're taking care of her for me :)
It sure is pretty once it appears!
Post a Comment