This barn is/was on the road my place is----so my neighbor
The owners were just going to let it age gracefully
She was beautiful. Born at the turn of the century--1900
But we had a huge windstorm and the old girl got tipped a bit so for safety sake she was torn down. Quite sad. A landmark gone forever.
Linking to THE BARN COLLECTIVE~~~~HERE
The owners were just going to let it age gracefully
She was beautiful. Born at the turn of the century--1900
But we had a huge windstorm and the old girl got tipped a bit so for safety sake she was torn down. Quite sad. A landmark gone forever.
Linking to THE BARN COLLECTIVE~~~~HERE




12 comments:
Oh, too bad. I love the beauty of old barns, and the history the preserved.
Could the wood be saved for other objects? I love to see old barns and often wonder about their histories.
Ah, delayed maintenance will do it every time. Thanks for sharing this collection of barn boards this week. Here's hoping that a new barn will rise to take its place. Hurry on back now!
Interesting series with this old barn. Once the roof becomes leaky, the rest of the structure deteriorates quickly. Barns are rapidly disappearing from the rural landscape.
Sad to see.
Good bye lovely old barn.
Well . . . it did look a bit precarious. But made for a great photo.
I'm sure the whole road and surrounding area looks different now the barn is gone.
awww.
Oh, MB, so glad you got pics before it had to torn down. Just hate it when they fall.(or have to be torn down)
I'm glad you got the photo while you still had the opportunity.
What a shame! But she's been around for a long time and that's when things start to fall apart and I know that from personal experience!
Post a Comment