MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Birds and Beasts of Skagit Valley

 This little guy was hanging out by the bird feeders
 One Eagle in a day of Eagles
 Trumpeter Swans playing in the mud
 Looks like a Scottish Highlander with a coat of different colors and his friend up a stump and a Robin on his back
 Snow Geese
 And off they go---with much noise

Linking to  Saturday's Critters~~~~HERE

12 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

love the shaggy coat on that B & W cow and also all the Snow geese shots. Have a lovely weekend.

Rose said...

Look! It is snowing geese! Oh, how I love that last one. It does give the feeling that it is showing.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! I've never witnessed a huge flock of birds taking flight like that. Great photos.

Blogoratti said...

Really lovely shots.

William Kendall said...

A whole lot of birds. The cow's different from what I'm used to.

Lowell said...

You do live in a place of plenty and plenty of diversity! Love that cow. And the critter with the robin. Skagit Valley is a very romantic place...even the name is romantic...well, a little bit scraggly! :)

Anni said...

Wonderful....the numbers of snow geese is incredible. Fantastic post.

Ida said...

Nice selection of birds. The Eagle and the Hawk are very "stately" looking birds. Swans are so graceful. I have never seen them in the wild before. Wow that is a lot of snow geese, I bet they were noisy.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful birds and beasts - I can just hear the snow geese - we've seen them less times this year than other years - they seem to be moving around a lot more. But we've seen many, many more Trumpeter and Tundra Swans than other years.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

We only get an occasional (lost) Snowgoose over here which causes much excitement amongst birders, though we do get huge flocks of Pink-footed Geese which take to the air in similar numbers and with much noise. The picture of Mt Baker in your previous post is unreal.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, awesome critter post. I love all the birds, especially the Snow Geese. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Lovely.

Mother has given us a wonderful world.