Thus is the Rufous Hummingbird (selasphorus rufus) the most common Hummingbird in the PNW and also at 3 1/2 inches the smallest bird in the region. Above is the Male and below the Female. Aren't they pretty.
To see more wordly birds go to http://www.paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/ and enjoy!
To see more wordly birds go to http://www.paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/ and enjoy!

18 comments:
Lovely photos, the Ruby-throated hummingbirds have yet to arrive in our area!
so beautiful! we get only ruby-throated here but i'm still always pleased as punch to see them. :)
Amazing - I love seeing photos of these fleeting creatures, yours is beautiful (as is that rich red feeder).
Wonderful shots! I love hummers. Even at a feeder it's a challenge to catch them.
Blooming marvellous! I've never seen one for real :-(
Nice capture...I am still waiting for the hummers to find my feeder.
The are quite amazing. Our daughter in Colorado has a feeder much like yours on a 2nd-floor deck and the hummingbirds come in droves at certain times of the year. But they're hard to capture in flight - you did very well!
And all is well. Just need a break.
I rarely see hummers here. I here a buzz by occasionally and that's all! I've put out feeders, but never get any :(
You have a VERY good camera to get the hummingbird's wings so clearly!! Wow!
I like the barn from the previous post, too. Nice to see a new roof on it!
Very impressed with the pictures of this hummingbird. Not easy to get that shot.
Great photos of those little hummers! They haven't arrived here yet.
Really great photo!
I know its not easy to get a photo of them. We have Ruby-Throated Hummers here in Mississippi, usually April to October. Amazing birds!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie
I never fail to feel jealous when I see pictures of hummers in people gardens!! Wow!
Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.
Stewart M - Melbourne
Gorgeous hummingbirds!
How cool! I just heard they are almost here too as they are passing through Point Pelee on Lake Erie right now.
Male and Female and now they can have some babies as you are suppling them plenty of nectar.
Thank you for sharing your hummers! But I'm jealous - we can't seem to attract any. :(
Nice captures, MB!
Great photo!
Post a Comment