MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Goldfinches~~~~~~~~~World bird Wednesday

 Upside-down
 Right-side up
 Aren't I cute???
Hey, Whatchoo lookin' at!!

Goldfinches are the State Bird of Washington.

To see more amazing birds go to  http://www.paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/ and enjoy!

18 comments:

don said...

A fine series on our state bird. Nice close ups. I have an occasional gold finch stop at my feeder and to get a drink of water at the bird bath I keep filled.

TexWisGirl said...

they are adorable. make me smile. :)

George said...

You've gotten some marvelous photos of the goldfinches. We have several that are regular visits to our feeders as well. I really like that beautiful yellow color of the males.

Gaelyn said...

Wonderful captures. I want to know how you train them to do that. ;)

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i had to do a double take --- i could not figure out what they were hanging on to at 1st??! gorgeous yellow. ( :

LONDONLULU said...

I love their rich color, very sweet and wonderful captures (I'd have been thrilled to take these:)

cieldequimper said...

So sweet. But how come I didn't know that... :-)

Lowell said...

Beauties, MB! How do you keep the feeder free of squirrels?

I didn't know the goldfinch was Washington's state bird. I did know, however, that the mosquito is the Minnesota state bird!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, I can't wait until the goldfinches return to my feeders!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful, Mary Beth.. I love Goldfinches --especially this time of year. Beautiful little birds!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Lowell said...

We tried several bird feeders at our old house in Ocala and the squirrels defeated us every time. They're amazing...they can climb a slick, slimy pole; they can jump from a tree onto a slanting metal roof; they can shake a bird feeder until all the seed is on the ground where they can easily eat it! Aargh! :)

Linda Reeder said...

I do love goldfinches. we seldom see them here in suburbia.

CDH said...

Love the bright yellow. they do catch the eye when you see them. I thought the state bird was the pigeon! HA! :)

Rose said...

Always love seeing them...they are so bright and cheerful!

Stewart M said...

These are cracking little birds - so much yellow!

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

Stewart M - Melbourne

eileeninmd said...

Cute shots of the Goldies. They are great yardbirds.

Arija said...

Such lovely acrobatic goldfinches and so different to ours.

Unknown said...

Cute birds. The colour is very pretty.