MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Morning and Evening for Sky Watch

This is a view of Stanwood from down the road from my house.  Down over the trees you can see Stanwood and then the water is Port Susan Bay and next is Camano Island and then the Olympic Mountain Range.  The next picture is close to the same shot only at early sunset.  And you can still see the mountains.  I don't show these mts. much because they aren't out much.  Very shy.

 To see more sky pictures go to http://www.skyley.blogspot.com/
And Enjoy!

13 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Map in my head!

VP said...

Pleasant contrast of blue cold and orangey warmness..

EG CameraGirl said...

I really like the silhouettes in the foreground with that lovely sky behind! You seem to have a lot of haze but I guess that's because you are so close to the ocean.

Unknown said...

Great contrast! Both are beautiful views.

Magpie said...

In the first shot, it's like the mountains are floating in the air. Love the colors in the sunset.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Lois said...

I'm glad the mountains decided to come out and pose for you!

George said...

I'm glad you were able to capture those shy mountains twice in one day. The sky in your second picture is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

"Down the road from my house"....sigh.

Gaelyn said...

A beautiful view and sky over the "shy" Olympics.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Shy mountains, huh? Maybe you need to talk to them and get them to 'come out' more!!! Beautiful pictures--especially that second one. Wow!
Hugs,
Betsy

Elaine said...

I've always loved the Olympics. There are such a beautiful mountain range, and well worth the wait for them to come out!

raf said...

Beautiful, MB! Your neck of the woods is the optimum location for viewing all the magnificent peaks and skylines in the Puget Sound.

Janice Thomson said...

I once had a painting commission of the Olympic Mts seen very well in Victoria BC when I lived there... for you Mt Ranier is so spectacular - hard to beat that :)
Lovely sunset.