MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wind Surfer

Went to visit my Mother on Whidbey Island and drove down to Double Bluff to view the beach and just enjoy the water.  This fellow was having a grand time.  The wind was great.  MB


18 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Ooh love the colour of the water. Super shots...


Methinks your feed has a lil' problem...

VP said...

I wonder if these guys are alien creatures or suicidal humans...

Jim Klenke said...

great shots of a different kind of bird. Its hard to get good shots of these guys.

brattcat said...

He looks like a sea gull to me, a giant sea gull.

EG CameraGirl said...

I bet it's exhilarating to be carried across the water by the wind.

Lois said...

It looks exciting, but I would not be brave enough to do that!

Magpie said...

This would sure get the juices flowing! They're so bundled up and with the wind, it looks very cold.

Rose said...

I don't think I could have done this even when young....

George said...

I would imagine that the water was rather cold, but it looks as if he was having a good time. We sometimes see windsurfers when we're at the beach.

Linda Reeder said...

I have watched the kite surfers from over on Sunlight Beach. Some of them set up on our beach and catch air right there. They are fun to watch, and to talk to.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI There, We are home after a few days with friends in North Carolina.

Wow---that kite surfer must have been having a great time. That looks like fun --but I'd have to be alot younger to try it!!!! ha

Hope you are having a good week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

These are great captures, MB! I especially like the top one with all that driftwood.

Lady Di Tn said...

MB
I thought an alien big crab had landed n that 1st photo. LOL It must have been warm to venture out on the water. Peace

NitWit1 said...

We occasionally see these kite surfers on our lake in the summer. I love his choice of bright colors.

Anonymous said...

This looks fun but something I would never be brave enough to do.

Janice Thomson said...

That would be a hoot to do - but gosh isn't the water a bit cold right now?? Cool shots MB

Anonymous said...

It does look very very windy...

what are those structures of wood there on the beach?

Anonymous said...

The fellow on the beach looks like he's struggling a bit, but once launched, grace takes over!