MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, February 4, 2011

Captain Whidbey Inn

When I visited Mother on thursday we had lunch at Captain Whidbey Inn on Penn Cove (home of world famous Penn Cove Mussels) in Coupeville.  It is a very historic Inn built in 1907.  It was built from the local Madrona trees.  It was built as a romantic getaway for the wealthy Seattlites.  One could get there only by boat.


20 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Makes a second lunch! Love this!

Chuck Pefley said...

I had lunch there once, probably about 1978. Haven't been back since although have thought about numerous times. I definitely enjoyed that lunch ... felt a bit guilty spending the money, but the food was delicious as I recall.

Perhaps when I become rich I'll stop there again -:)

Elaine said...

Beautiful old building! I love the Madrona wood, and it looks like it would be well worth a drive over to Whitbey Island next time we get to Seattle. Of course, there's never enough time, especially when we have so much family living in the area, and there are so many fun things to do. I don't remember there being so many places to go when I lived there 40 years ago, but that may be because I had several small children!

VP said...

Great! Any log bench around this?

Anonymous said...

How about that? I was there once with a group of folks from Seattle, including a doctor who used to live in Oakwood, Ohio.

brattcat said...

I'd love the opportunity to sit in that dining room.

eileeninmd said...

What a lovely building and I would love to have lunch in this dining room.

Birdman said...

Looks like a fine place to get away from the world for a couple of hours.

Lowell said...

Looks like my kind of place; hysteric...er, I mean, historic!

Nice of you to take your mom there for lunch. Did you walk on water, drive, or take a boat?

Seattlites? Sounds like a pair of running shoes! ;-)

Hope you're having a good weekend so far.

And maybe sometime you could show us more of Penn Cove?

Lowell said...

Ah...you made a comment on Cedar Key...something about a "dead end." I wondered if you were talking about Jack?

Lowell said...

Ah...I have a bone to pick with you about another Cedar Key comment...something about whether a person is nice and how that is questionable if she talked to me!

Sheesh! Very funny...I'll get you back, you know! :-))

Lowell said...

And? I dunno. Yet.

By the by, you said you liked my avatar...but whenever it appeared on a blog's followers, it was cut in half...same thing happened with another one...I don't get it. This one works. Any ideas?

George said...

What a gorgeous place to go for lunch. I really like that dining room.

Lowell said...

I understand completely. There is just no end to your abilities!

I'd like to hear more about the mosquito fleet?

Lois said...

I just love that beautiful red door!

Gaelyn said...

What an amazing looking place. So rare to see the beautiful red Madrone trees in construction. I love places that take you back in time. Great way to enjoy history.

EG CameraGirl said...

What a nice place to take your mother!

Linda Reeder said...

We haven't been there for a very long time. Maybe we should go again.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

As soon as I saw the red door, I knew I'd like what was behind it. The restaurant looks lovely and I like the rustic look around the elegance.

Unknown said...

The red door is lovely!