MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, February 28, 2011

Mama and Baby doing fine.....

This little cow was having a time trying to have her calf and then she prolapsed so the the was called and he did a C-section.  Mama and baby are fine and now Mama has a zipper.  MB

22 comments:

VP said...

So strange! And a gaudy earring too...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Mama doesn't look that old herself. How wonderful all is well.

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh, the poor mama! I'm so glad she was helped!

Lady Di Tn said...

OOPs with winter coat and a cold side. Adorable little calf. I lol about your snow. heehee Peace

Lowell said...

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I can see the C section zipper. Cut pics. Doesn't look like Mama has gotten over the trauma yet, though. And that little kid is pestering her no end!

Just like humans.

Re my cousin(s): Actually, come to think of it, they are quite hairy. Some of them like to play in trees.

Gaelyn said...

Looks like they'll both do fine. A zipper, LOL!

Magpie said...

Isn't it amazing! It does look like that area might get a little cold.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Wow, I never saw one of those on a cow before (my sister notwithstanding LOL).

don said...

A remarkable shot. I don't think I've ever seen this kind of delivery in a cow before. Nice one.

Unknown said...

Glad all ended well.

George said...

I'm glad both Mama and Baby are doing well, but if cold weather continues Mama may need a blanket.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---that's neat. I didn't know that they ever performed c-sections on animals. Thanks for sharing.. Glad to hear that both Mom and baby are fine!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

ron said...

what kind camera do you have?

Linda Reeder said...

Wow. Quite the excitement around there. It's a good thing you had that little mother under observation.

Day4plus said...

Ron, I have a CanonPower Shot SX20 IS. that's it MB

cieldequimper said...

VP cracks me up again. I'm glad all's well that ends well for Maman et bébé.

Rose said...

The calf is adorable...poor mama. Don't you wish we healed as quickly as she will?

Janice Thomson said...

Oh my goodness that looks a tad painful. What a sweet calf! Glad they are both ok. We had to call the vet in too - a couple cows in trouble - because of the freezing cold I think...

Arija said...

Glad to see the doing so well.
Our young heifers sometimes have the same problems when the bull has got to them when they were really too young.

Anonymous said...

a zipper? oh my!

that baby sure is darling... so cute! =)

Halcyon said...

Sweet! :)

I hope her fuzz grows back soon so she doesn't get cold.

Annie Jeffries said...

So happy mommy and baby are both well. Pretty awesome, actually.