MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eagle Lunch for World Bird Wednesday

My friend and I were out and about today seeing how many Eagles we could capture.  I was an excellent day.  Cold and crisp--high 30sF--perfect.  We watched the crows fighting over some tidbit when out of  a doug fir tree swooped down an Eagle.  He grabbed the morsel and flew back to the tree.  we took several pictures and finally the Eagle took off and by the time I found him in my viewfinder he was ready to land in a decidious tree.  We took pics of about 40 eagles and saw some we couldn't get a good shot of.  I love that lighter bar of feathers on his wing.  It was a good day,  Saw Hawks, Trumpeter Swan and many different ducks.  MB




To see more fabulous birds wing on over to:http://www.pineriverreview.blogspot.com/

30 comments:

mick said...

Great to see and photograph an eagle that close. The eagle looks beautiful against the blue sky.

holdingmoments said...

What a great sight to see. Such a powerful, majestic bird.

Larry said...

Nice Bald Eagle shots. It looks like a four year old with the dark spots on the head and the mottled tail. I really like that last in-flight shot showing its tail with the wings spread.

EG CameraGirl said...

You continue to make me jealous with your eagle shots! :) Glad you had a nice day out, though.

VP said...

Forty eagles? I won't comment on that... I am back to my lousy pigeons!

Dejemonos sorprender said...

Wa, great captures! very interesting..

Anonymous said...

Hiya MB,
What a great series.
To have eagles around like that is so special. They don't come down South in the UK.

Halcyon said...

Wow! Another spectacular eagle shot. I am amazed by these creatures... and still so jealous that you get to see them all the time. :)

Anonymous said...

Great set of shots!

Unknown said...

Great close ups. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Gaelyn said...

Absolutely awesome shots!

Martha Z said...

Yes, we both saw eagles. It's nice that the trees haven't yet leafed out, it makes the eagles bit easier to spot.

Sally in WA said...

Great pics of the eagles, MB. I saw a couple on my way to work this morning near the Stilly.

Lois said...

A wonderful day indeed! I wish I could take a picture of just one eagle.

George said...

I think these are wonderful pictures of the eagles. Thanks for sharing these with us.

cieldequimper said...

I'm with VP on that one. One of them relieved itself on my windowsill this morning.

OMG these are so great MB.

theconstantwalker said...

I have yet to see a wild eagle in the UK. What a lovely bird you have and great images of it.

Lowell said...

You are so fortunate to have all those eagles within photographic distance! Such elegant birds!

Sounds like a lot of fun! And I expect we'll see more photos that you took on this little excursion in the days to come. I hope, anyway.

High 30s. "Perfect"? Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos. Seeing 40 Eagles in a day is something that most of us can only dream of. I have to travel to Scotland about 400 miles away to stand a chance of Eagle sightings.

Adam @ My Life Outside

Lowell said...

Re high 30s: If you can wear shorts and a tee shirt and feel comfortable, it is "perfect," and I'd be rarin' to go. Otherwise, sheesh!

Magpie said...

Tracy and I were just talking about your wonderful ability to get this type of photo! I absolutely love the next to last pic. Gorgeous.

Springman said...

Any day spent with eagles is great day. Douglas Firs are gorgeous and the combination of the two is phenomonal. What a place to live!
;-)WBW

Janice Thomson said...

Some really great shots of this majestic and mighty raptor.

Linda Reeder said...

WOW!

Elaine said...

Nice! Great opportunity to catch the snatch from the crows! I wish there would have been more sunshine while we were there.....

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Yesterday I saw two eagles in a tree next to both the I-5 and Nooksack River. Not sure which they were scouting out for their lunch. - Margy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Wow---such a gorgeous bird... I would love to see an eagle someday.. Guess I'll have to visit you.
Hugs,
Betsy

Life Is A Road Trip said...

I never get tired of looking at those beautiful birds.

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that the Eagle swooped down & took the food away from the crows? How bout that... you go, big bad Eagle dude! heheheee
BTW - what did the crows do at that point when they lost their food? Not much they CAN do when it's an Eagle that takes their grub! heheheee

My Dream Canvas said...

This is a lovely mosaic! I am hosting a Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by.hugs Anu