MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Where shall we go???

Hmmmmm I never can remember which way to upload these pictures and it seems different each time----so, this is my story.
A friend and I decided to go to Mt. Baker and do some snow-shoeing but it was raining out but we decided to point the car in any direction and we ended up at the beach.  Always fun on a dreary day.  We had lunch at the Beach House restaurant right next to the golf club and the beach is just across the street.  The tide was out and coming back in.  I like the look of the sand all wrinkled.  so........The end.



17 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

Getting photos in the right order is a pain, for sure!
Looks like a great spur of the moment getaway!

cieldequimper said...

You wanted to snow shoe and ended up beachcombing! That is so great!

cieldequimper said...

P.S.: nice to meet you, love the avatar!

VP said...

I like the photos and the atmosphere. The sand looks like it was sculpted. I know, it was, by the wind...

brattcat said...

Thank you for taking us along on this little adventure. I love the beach in winter.

EG CameraGirl said...

Your story sorted the pictures and I do get it. :)

I'd say you had a very nice day in spite of the rain. I Like those lines in the sand. Very arty, MB!

Anonymous said...

I like the "wrinkly" sand, too! heheheee

That Beach House looks pretty nice, wouldn't mind lunch there, either! =)

Lowell said...

Well, you took a dreary day and made something quite nice out of it. I enjoyed each of the photos. So what did you eat at the restaurant?

Re your question on The Villages...we usually eat lunch at TooJays, but it depends on when we get down there...it's about 45 minutes to The Villages from our house.

Re changing your photos around....you gotta go into the post HTML, and cut and paste. Easy!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a nice thing to do on a rainy day, Mary Beth. I love seeing the wavy, wrinkly sand... Neat!!!! Bet your lunch was good.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lois said...

I always like the beach on a dreary day too! That restaurant looks very inviting.

Gaelyn said...

I finally got fed up with blogger and use Windows LiveWriter for my posts. Much easier for formatting.

I like the idea of just letting the car take you "somewhere." Lunch with a friend is good anywhere anyway.

The rippled sand always draws my eye.

George said...

I like the result of your rainy day change of plans. The ripples in the beach sand does look neat.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

My husband is a water engineer, and he loves the beach photo.

Janice Thomson said...

I'm so envious - I miss the beach a lot but at least I can come here and see it every now and then :)
Sittin' on the dock of the bay watching the tide come in...♫♫ ♫♫

Magpie said...

The restaurant looks like a wonderful place to wile away the hours. I really like the picture of the sand ripples too.

Anonymous said...

Hi MB, no West Plains isn't very far from me at all! It's really nice over that way, too... it's west of here about 100 miles or so... we used to drive thru there on our way to Cloud 9 Ranch in Caulfield during the summer, but I haven't been over there in over 10 years!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Wherever you're headed I'm following. What a couple of great choices you have!