MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, May 18, 2009

A gorgeous day++

An extremely beautiful day here in Western Washington---well at least in the Stanwood area. Mount Rainier was out showing off her beauty to all. This is how she is seen from the deck of my house.
There was a playday or Western Games event at the fairgrounds put on by the Stilly Valley Horse Club. Shannon and Kylee were there. Here is Kylee riding Macaroni. She did good and was in the money today.
Look at this Peewee rider. Isn't she and her pony cute.






12 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Yes, she is cute! Mt Rainier looks absolutely fabulous!

Lowell said...

Love these photos...Mt. Ranier is magnificent as is your daughter and her horse.

Superbly done.

Have a great week.

And yes, it looks like all is well at CDP! Yeah!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Blimey! Beautiful top shot then you knocked me out with the second. Not an easy shot to get, but you nailed it.

B SQUARED said...

Looks like a great day and an awfully cute rider.

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

Ahhhhh... Awsome! I wish I were there with you! This place looks great for some holidays away from this madness...
Thank you!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Mary Beth, I love seeing that mountain... I'd be looking out of my windows OFTEN--looking at that beauty.

Great pictures of the gals and their horses. Neat!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Would love to have your deck view! How far away is the mountain from your deck?

EG CameraGirl said...

Congrats to Kylee! Did she compete when she was as tiny as the little one in your bottom photo?

Gorgeous photo of Rainier!

tapirgal said...

Thanks for stopping by my Astoria blog. Your mountains are so gorgeous! On a very clear day we can see Mt. St. Helens, but it has to be super clear and usually there's mist, fog, haze, or something between us and your wonderful mountain. Thanks for helping me learn more about my adopted Pacific Northwest. I love it here!

Janice Thomson said...

Such a beautiful mountain that one...
love the last photo of the Peewee rider :)

Carol............. said...

Fun pictures of the barrel race. If I did that on my fat boy Joker he and I BOTH would have some serious attacks of something or other!!!LOL

Frankie / Nick said...

Kylee is a natural on that horse, would love to see her perform in person. It sure was a super weather weekend, not a common sight for a Canadian long weekend either, lol.