My Mother lives on Whidbey Island, in the northern boundry of Puget Sound. The Island is around 65 miles long and between 1.5 and 12 miles wide--depending on where you are. My Mother lives at Langley which is between/on Possession Sound and Saratoga Passage at the southern end of the island. Beautiful Island.
1. Welcome to Whidbey Island
2. Ferry boat landing at the dock at Clinton.
3. Loaded up
4. Packed in and looking back.



14 comments:
Sorry my sense of humor kicked in and I thought MB is herding cars not sheep. Liked the mirror shot. Peace
love the packed in sardine like photo!
enjoy your day with mom! do you take her sat shopping?
MB, Great pictures of the ferry ride. When we are in Galveston, TX --we always enjoy riding the ferry across the Bolivar Peninsula. That area got wiped out several months ago by Hurricane Ike.
I finally checked our Atlas to see where you are in Washington. I also found Whidbee Island. What mountain is that in your header???
Hugs,
Betsy
I've never been on a ferry before! All I know about ferries, they're very expensive when totaling charges for moving furniture in a moving truck on them. My parents own a furniture moving company.
Hope that your are enjoying your Mom. Glad to see your out and about.
I've often wondered what it would be like to live on an island. I used to think a small island would be the best place to live. I guess I'd still like it if I could also be connected to the Internet. ;-)
I love riding on the Washington ferry system!
That was a very cute board for the ferry. It must be tight in there.
I ride ferries quite often in the summer time but they are smaller than this.
As you know, we have family owned recreational property on Whidbey. But Tom's perents lived in Langley after they retired, and his Anut and uncle and an older cousin and her husband also retired to Whidbey. They are all gone now, but we definately have roots on the Island.
Beautiful island indeed. We had occasion to drive through it last May, were very impressed with it.
That look back through the mirror is really great! Hope you have a nice time with your mother!
I remember the first time I rode on a ferry. I was in college and my steel drum band was touring to the San Juan Islands. I was so exited I felt like a kid on a carnival ride. Aren't ferries fun?!?
Neat ferry shots - something we West Coasters are so familiar with :)
I wish I lived in a island too :)
Post a Comment