I took these pics Monday. It was a perfect day for any water bird. The sky was dark and gloomy, not the best background for some of these birds. I even forgot to add a few---oh well another day.
1/2. The Eagles land in this tree daily. to chit-chat I suppose. the most I counted at one time was 35. Today there were only 15. I couldn't get them all in. this tree is located on a residence on the Bayview-Edison Rd. by the Samish River.
3. Eagle at Bayview
4. Snow Geese flying overhead on Fir Island
5. Kingfisher by Samish Island
6. Eagle at Bayview
7. Sanderling on Fir Island







21 comments:
The birds look beautiful.
It almost as if you live in a bird's sanctuary.
I always have a fun time when I go to the places that you mentioned. I think I may know where that Eagle tree is near Edison. That's cool that you got close to that Kingfisher. They can be pretty hard to get close to for a photo most of the time. Your eagle photo looks pretty cool too. I guess I am still waiting for a good high pressure system to make it out that way. I have been focusing on Whatcom County so far.
I love those shots, I like your new pic too!
I've been studying, I'll return later for the others posts :)
My dream will never happen, of course, but I dream an eagle will land in my backyard someday and I will have a camera and still be able to use it. That is my dream and everytime I look outside I expect to see that eagle, but so far the biggest bird to ever land in my backyard was a crow.
You have trees filled with them. It must be nice.
Beautiful birds, I am amazed by the eagles.
Blogger cut me off so I will start over. Oh my goodness. I have never ever seen that many eagles. Maybe three at Reelfoot Lake in West TN and the same number when we visited Juneau in 98. Thanks for sharing. Peace
great shots! The first few reminded me of 'the birds' and then there's that great shot of the eagle! Nicely done!
=)
That's quite a collection of birds!
By the way, I'm sure glad you're so willing to share :)
How breath taking it must be to see the eagle. I would love to see them everyday. Do you have some on your land? 35 WOW
You are AWSOME, MB!
Sorry for my absence!
(everytime you leave a comment, you also put a smile on my face... Thank you...)
Great shots, but...the third one of the eagle is awesome!!!
Very Hitchcock-ian theme. Love it.
Amazing photos, MB!! I've never seen more than two eagles at one time!
Wow. That many eagles is an amazing sight!
Oh my goodness the flock of snow geese is amazing. We thought saw a bunch of birds when the Starlings were here, no comparison to what you see. Great shots of all the fowl. They seem to be grouping even more this year, expect it's due to the weather. We had another unbelievable dump of snow again today. Fortunately we live on a mountain side so at least shouldn't have a flooding problem.
Take care,
Amazing eagle shot.
Never saw one!
You have such great photos! You have inspired me to get some good photos of the quail and towhee in my yard.
The Eagles are always my favorite!! You are so blessed to see them! Have a great day!!
I've NEVER seen a live eagle...and to think you've seen 35 all at one time!!
Your photos are a real delight, bravo :)
Wonderful bird photos!
Post a Comment