MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ever-ready

Be prepared
Tug boat pulling barge full of containers by bush point
Dugulla Bay


The road to Mothers



I know--one photo a day--but this is a day adventure right across from Stanwood

Yesterday I went to visit my Mother who lives on Whidbey Island. It is a very beautiful and narrow island lying out in Puget Sound. Being narrow you can see a water view from almost every angle. On the west side you can see out to the shipping lanes and the mainland of Washington and the Olympic mountains and on the east you can see Camano Island, Stanwood and the Mainland and the Cascade mountain range and south to Seattle. Mother lives in Langley which is an artist and tourist town of around 1000 year-round residents and on the south end of the island.

9 comments:

George Townboy said...

Gorgeous photos! Makes me want to get in my truck and drive, lol. Your mother lives in paradise!

Kim said...

MB, that tsunami evac route sign is a first for me! I guess Whidbey would be in the path of one traveling through the Sound. I take comfort in being on a hill about 450 ft. above sound level, so hoping we'd be unaffected by flooding if the worst happened.
That's a very lovely excursion you had!
-Kim

EG CameraGirl said...

The Tsunami evacuation sign is one you never see in Ontario!

What a scenic drive to our mother's place. Such beautiful tall conifers! And I love the smell of salty air.

Chuck Pefley said...

Langley brings back the memory of visiting a pipe and tobacco shop on picturesque probably 35+ years ago on 1st St., overlooking Saratoga Passage. This shop mixed special blends of tobacco and according to the owner every month supplied Bing Crosby his pipe tobacco.

Chuck Pefley said...

oops, post first then read is probably the wrong way to make salient comments -:)

meant "picturesque 1st street overlooking Saratoga Passage about 35 years ago"

flying fingers sometimes get in the way. -Chuck

Neva said...

When I was in San Francisco last week, I saw the Tsunami sign that you posted today. I did not have my camera out so missed the photo. I thought the sign so interesting... Not a sign you would see here in Illinois!

Jim Klenke said...

what a beautiful drive. I would be making up excuses to go to Moms house.

Jilly said...

How amazing to see a Tsunami evacuation sign. as you say they sure are ready! Love set of photos - beautiful drive.

Anonymous said...

Nice photos; nice tour. Thanks!

Paz