MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, January 22, 2018

Treasure

Today is Tuesday's Treasures at Tom's blog~~~~~~HERE
And since I have lost a lot of my pictures in a computer mishap I can't seem to find any meaningful treasures so you are stuck with ME!
My 4th grade class picture
Since most don't know me I am--front row--3rd one from your right with the scowl  on my face
Look how large the classes were back in the day.  Well just a couple of years ago
 And also 4th grade--trying out for Queen of the Junior Rose Festival---Portland Oregon
                                                                     TREASURE

16 comments:

Lowell said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your computer problems. Hopefully, you had stuff backed up so you can retrieve it. Love these photos. You were (ahem, are) a cutie, but methinks there was a bit of "rascal" in you in those days. I mean why should you be in any different then than you are now? Heh, heh.

Tom said...

...now tell me, what could be a better treasure today? Did you become the 'Queen of the Junior Rose Festival? Thanks Mary Beth for sharing this week, please stop back again.

Rose said...

I am not happy for the computer problems but I did love seeing these.

DougPhoto2009 said...

Mary Beth, Jack Bailey would be proud. Thanks for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sorry your lost your photos. I like seeing these childhood photos. So cute. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

Lois said...

Wonderful old photos. You look so cute in that second one!

William Kendall said...

That was quite a big class!

ellen b said...

Look how cute you are! A treasure of black and whites for sure.

A Colorful World said...

Priceless memories! Such a cutie. Hope you can recover your lost photos! I always get disks made...I'm scared of losing mine!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I was perusing my old (2015) blogs....

We used to follow each other. What happened to that?

Hmmm

The pondering Hermit WRiter.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You were a treasure -- you still are! Loved this history -- and speaking of treasures, the eagles in your post below -- thank you for these wonderful pictures!! I need to get myself down the road to our Eagle nest (only a pair and their nestlings, but still...!)

Betty J. Crow said...

I lost all of my 2015 pics due to a computer crash, so I know your frustration. Love the class pic. Looks fairly recent to me :) If you didn't become Miss Junior Rose Festival, you should have. Cute!

Bill said...

Those photos are priceless. You look so serious, I guess we all did back in the day. We stood with our arms hanging down by our sides and stared. :) My class was about that size. I went to parochial school and had to wear uniforms which I hated.

The Furry Gnome said...

Well weren't you cute!

betty-NZ said...

Awww! How adorable. Those were the days :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh what sweet memories.

So sad about losing your photos. I almost lost all of mine. I had a slight computer problem and when I took it to the tech he completely ruined it with bad work and everything on it was lost. Fortunately I subscribe to BackBlaze for 5.00 a month and they regularly back up my computer every week. I also keep a huge external hard drive that I back up to in the middle of every week - it only take minutes and it gives me a safe feeling.