MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Ten Thousand Tomatoes

We have 12 Celebrity tomato plants and the crop is huge.  I think we have at least ten thousand tomatoes and many more to come.
We have been canning Tomato sauce, Tomato soup and Stewed Tomatoes.  All yummy of course!!
 And then I noticed reflections in the stock pot
 We have many that weighed at least one pound
 Aren't they so pretty

Linking to WEEKEND REFLECTIONS~~~~~~HERE

12 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, MB, they look wonderful. I could eat half of them if I were there.

Ours did horrible again this year...in taste. I do not know what is up with them. I only had one really good tomato out of I don't know how many. They would first, either rot before they got ripe. But we had alot that ripened, and would not have a blemish on them. No rotten spot or anything, yet they tasted rotten. I have about sworn off planting any...ever again. And other than a couple years when we were first married, I have always raised at least tomatoes.

TexWisGirl said...

wow, they look perfect, too!

Lowell said...

I am so jealous. We NEVER have good tomatoes. Never! I remember tomatoes from Minnesota and they were delicious. Probably a lot like these. But we can't get em here! You made me drool and that's not a nice thing to do to an old man! :)

William Kendall said...

Fortunately you like tomato!

Fun60 said...

Wow so many delicious looking tomatoes.

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Oh My Goodness! That is a lot of tomatoes! Beautiful photos!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Yummma. Great crop - wonderful photos.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

My tomatoes haven't been doing very well with all the rain lately. I picked all of the ones that were slightly pink to ripen indoors. My cherry and grape tomatoes just can't handle all the extra water intake and split before they ripen. I did make my first batch of homemade tomato sauce and used it (only a half pint) to make stuffed peppers (using my own bell peppers). I may not be able to live completely off my produce, but it's still fun. - Margy

Linda Reeder said...

That's a lot of tomato processing! Too bad there's no way to just keep on eating them fresh on into the winter.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Yes they are!

You'll be ready for the Z-apocalypse

Birdman said...

We had a crop but nothing like this bounty. Enough for the 2 of us though, just fine. Tomato soup is a recipe I make.

Connie said...

They are Gorgeous!!!!!!!! I so enjoyed your pictures!! Farmgirl hugs!