So we canned a whole lot of Tomato items. Soup, sauce and Stewed tomatoes. At first we simmered the tomatoes in a large kettle on the stove and then decided to try roasting them.
The first pic on the top left side are the tomatoes just stemmed and cut into 4ths. Garlic and Basil leaf added. Below that shot is a pic of the tomatoes roasting away. The top right image a pot of veggies simmering on the stovetop. Onions, celery, red sweet peppers, carrots and more garlic. Next step is combining the two and running through the puree or food mill. simmer, have your jars ready--pour and cap and give them a water bath. and you have yummy soup.
Linking to RUBY TUESDAY TOO~~~~HERE
The first pic on the top left side are the tomatoes just stemmed and cut into 4ths. Garlic and Basil leaf added. Below that shot is a pic of the tomatoes roasting away. The top right image a pot of veggies simmering on the stovetop. Onions, celery, red sweet peppers, carrots and more garlic. Next step is combining the two and running through the puree or food mill. simmer, have your jars ready--pour and cap and give them a water bath. and you have yummy soup.
Linking to RUBY TUESDAY TOO~~~~HERE


7 comments:
Oh yumma! Looks like a great way to preserve the freshness of summer. I think I'll make some apricot jam tomorrow, from apricots I froze in the summer.
I used to can a bit. Now, too lazy. hahahaha
That should keep you stocked through the winter.
This looks soooooo good! Can't find anything like it in the grocery stores!
yum!
I've been gone for ten days, wonder what my tomatoes will be like when I get back. I did pick the partially ripe and some green ones. I put the reddest ones in the fridge to help hold them until I got back to deal with them. I think it's been raining, so my guess is lots will be split and ruined. - Margy
Oh, MaryBeth...everything looks soooo delicious!
Post a Comment