MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hairy Woodpecker

We've been traveling around and stopped to visit my eldest at the Ranch.  Went to the Wheatland Fair and rodeo and just had a good visit.
Caught this Hairy Woodpecker beating up an old cottonwood tree.
 I hope this video works if not somebody maybe could tell me how to post it better


 Running the colors at the Wheatland Rodeo in Ritzville.

Linking to Saturday Critters HERE

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the woodie images and the video. It worked fine for me. Cool shot from the rodeo. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy week ahead!

TexWisGirl said...

yes, it works. i've tried uploading to youtube first but it seems to distort the quality a lot so i just upload directly.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

woodpeckers are neat creatures to watch. We have lots of Northern around here, now and then get a peleated, which are my fav

Lowell said...

Looks like you had a great time! Family, friends, and rodeos. That's what it's all about! Nice to know you got home safely!

Rose said...

I hope you have had a good time--I missed you! The video worked fine.

Like that last shot of running the colors at the rodeo....

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm very fond of woodpeckers! And I really like the last photo...even though it's not the Canadian flag. ;)

William Kendall said...

The video works for me. I like woodpeckers. The ones we mostly see here are the pileated variety.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Glad that's not the side of my cabin. We had a Flicker go at our eaves one year and it took a lot to deter her. - Margy