MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sky Watch morning

The first picture is the moon (believe me the moon is up there) at 7:15 this morning and the second is Mt. Rainier 2 hours later. Look at the difference in the sky. It did turn out to be a sunny day until about 2 and then overcast and chilly. Nice though--no rain. ha! MB

To enjoy skies from all over the world or to participate go to www.skyley.blogspot.com

Click on the pics to enlarge them.

22 comments:

Don and Krise said...

Yep, blink, turn around twice and the weather changes. It was nice and dry down here too. Let's see what the weekend brings.

Chuck Pefley said...

Yes, it was a great day! Did a bit of recon for a ride I'm leading on Saturday (weather permitting). We have rain tonight, though.

I don't know if there was a rainbow yesterday or not. My office is in the basement, and happily there is no open window to distract me -:)

Anonymous said...

You have made a wonderful friend of Mt. Rainer. It's always good to see your views of this wonderous mountain.

VP said...

A pair of great views, the pictures are even better if enlarged.

eileeninmd said...

Fantastic skywatch photos and I also seeing seeing your Mt Rainier.

B SQUARED said...

Any day you can see the Mnt. Is a good day

Lowell said...

I'll always be in awe of the view from your deck!

And I see the moon in picture one. Sorry about the rain - did you want rain? We're supposed to get 1/3rd of an inch today...

"Moody blues through the orange" ... I like that!

brattcat said...

In Vermont we have a saying: "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute."

George said...

Beautiful pictures! One of the joys of watching the sky is noting the changes that take place in a relatively short time.

Lee Spangler said...

Isn't that just the cool NW for you. I can feel the air and moisture. all that oxygen and clean living. I loved your bird pix too esp. the feet. Your sepia pix, weren't you just the sweet young thing!

Anonymous said...

I love both of these shots, the moon & sky in the 1st & that mountain & sky in the 2nd. WoW!

Gaelyn said...

Nice shots MB. Sure looks like a sky to bring rain. Nice to have sunshine instead.

Tammy said...

I just love the cloud formations in our wonderful area! They are every changing and interesting to watch. Great shots!

Thanks for stopping my my blog!

Lois said...

I do see the moon! Both pictures are lovely as always.

raf said...

Like that sequence. Your little pond with willow is a great source for many of your images.
And that is such a splendid photo of Mt Baker you're using for your masthead, MB!

cieldequimper said...

Oh yes it is up there, very clear to see. Wonderful!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful Mary Beth. I did see the moon... AND Mt. Ranier is always gorgeous in winter. WOW!!!!

Your header is wonderful also.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lady Di Tn said...

I never ever get tried of looking at her. What a view. I like the colors in the second photo best. Peace

Joe Todd said...

What a great "majestic" view.. My gray skies haven't changed much LOL

Carolyn said...

Hmmm...what a view and such beautiful captures. Thanks for sharing.
Smiles

Betty said...

I saw the moon it was there. Your pictures are great. I wish I had your deck you can see so many wonderful things from it.

♥♥ Hugs ♥♥

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm starting to get a tad jealous about your nice weather, MB. It;s still very much winter her and will be for another six weeks, I fear. NO signs of spring here yet, although I will say the days are decidely longer than they were in December.