MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, February 8, 2010

Evolution..........

evolve..change..alter..to be different...

When I woke up this morning it was raining. It was dark but as the day lightened I could see Mt. Rainier and as it got lighter and the rain turned to blue sky and sunshine the Mountain disappeared

This is how a mountain went from being a mass of land into nothing but sky.
1. 7:15 Mt. Rainier
2. 7:25 Same Mt.
3. 7:57 color is leaving the sky but the Mt. is there
4. 8:22 The sun comes up over the trees
5. 9:51 The sky is blue and the mountain has disappeared

Sunrise. 7:27
Sunset. 5:19
10 hours of daylight

High. 51
Low. 39

Click on any pic to enlarge

My theory is that the Mt. is on an elevator and comes up and down whenever it wants to. MB





21 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

In this case evolution leads to fizzle!

Hilda said...

Wow, dramatic differences. But all fabulous!

B SQUARED said...

Even mountains have to go to work in this economy.

brattcat said...

How wise you are to study that elusive mountain. How wonderful you are to share it with us.

Lowell said...

That's very strange! One would think it would be other way around...that as the clouds and mists cleared, one would see the mountain clearer.

Fantastic that you can sit on your deck and take pictures all day with your cup of Starbucks!

Heh, heh!

Lee Spangler said...

great idea for a post. What a majestic mtn to see and be on any ol time.

Lois said...

Beautiful series!

Gaelyn said...

Wonderful series of captures showing change/evolution of the mountain. I've always been amazed that a huge mountain can just disapear. Maybe there is an elevator. Great post MB.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's a great post & beautiful shots! Love them

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures, Mary Beth.. Your weather and temps seem wonderful --for this time of year!!!! I love all of the pictures but I especially love the first couple with that pink color. Gorgeous!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

VP said...

Great idea for an unusual post. I like the way how you reported it: it can even be peer reviewed!

Chuck Pefley said...

MB, to interpret my comment substitute "disappear" for "fizzle" ... what started out so promising in terms of mountain viewing was only a tease.

George said...

That's some elevator the mountain is on. Your pictures are both beautiful and dramatic.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I wondered how the mountains kept disappearing - I think Mt. Baker has the same elevator. Good thinking - and great photos.

Unknown said...

Wonderful sequence and I like your description too.

cieldequimper said...

That's the good thing with clouds. The scenery keeps surprising you from one minute to the next!

See my other comment for present state of mind! ;-)

Linda Reeder said...

I love your idea of The Mountain being on an elevator. It does seem to loom and fade away.

Lady Di Tn said...

Dramatic changes in the morning. I think she just comes out and yells "Wal La". Liked that old boat post. Peace
PS Yep I am more than ready for SPRING.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

I love being in the northwest with all our weather. When I lived in Los Angeles it was so boring. Except, it sounds like they are getting their share this winter. - Margy

Rose said...

These are all so beautiful!

EG CameraGirl said...

The sky changes a LOT around you. That's great for photographers. ;-)