MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I was young once.....

This is my entry into sepia scenes. This is my high school graduation picture (I have one in cap and gown too). I was 16 and a few months later I was married.
What was I thinking!!!

If you care to see more sepia scenes please go to http://www.sepiascenes.blogspot.com/
Enjoy MB


27 comments:

B SQUARED said...

Didn't we go to the prom together?

Unknown said...

Very nice portrait, MB!

brattcat said...

I, too, graduated at sixteen and met my husband two months later. I married him at nineteen and we're still together. Are you still with your young groom?

George said...

The important thing is that you are still young at heart! This is a wonderful entry for Sepia Scenes.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a pretty gal... I'll have to feature mine sometime also. I always love seeing the old pictures of US. We were all younger once, weren't we????

Great picture.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lady Di Tn said...

You were a beauty. You must have been a smart beauty to graduate at 16 most of us were 18 before we graduated. Please share more old photos> Peace

Rose said...

You were sure a pretty girl...the photo looks good in Sepia.

Chuck Pefley said...

Well, what a good looking babe! No wonder you were married a few months later! How could a guy resist?

What is the church nestled in the Cascade's snowy shadow on your masthead today? Very, very nice, MB!

Carletta said...

Lovely!
What I wouldn't give to have those eyebrows today. :)
Carletta’s Captures.

Don and Krise said...

Look at you! Was that before or during your supermodel career?
Actually, thanks for sharing this with us. I was a bit nervous about sharing some of my old shots, but now it's fun.

Lowell said...

You were quite beautiful! Do you really want me to tell you what you were thinking? ;-)

P.S. On the Florida Fotos blog, I should have used the word, Intracoastal. I will change it and also give a bit of info about the Intracoastal Waterway.

cieldequimper said...

Hello pretty you! ;-)
Gosh... 16... Most people I know waited until they were almost 30 to marry...

Anonymous said...

You graduated at 16 years old? My goodness, how'd you do that? That's young!
I didn't graduate til I was 18!
Anyway, very pretty grad pic & great for Sepia Scenes!!!

VP said...

An absolutely nice portrait, it looks good in sepia.

Gaelyn said...

Beautiful! Young is a state of mind.

Anonymous said...

Young. I don't think I can remember that far back. I like the picture and think it was probably taken of a very popular young girl in her day and the marriage thing works sometimes for some a lot longer than for some others. I like the sepia look too.

I have felt some better but still taking the medicine for the cough to prevent it and still sleeping on the recliner and still had a coughing fit the other night. So since the steroids make me feel great when I am not coughing I began working on this blog about me and my cousin.

Abraham Lincolns Blog

Betty said...

Great picture MB. You were young when you graduated and married.
The picture I had up the other day was when I was 25. I was married the first time on my 16th birthday.
I didn't graduate I didn't even finish the 10th grade.
♥ Hugs ♥

EG CameraGirl said...

You were so cute...and I bet you are now too. And I bet you still feel that young inside. I know I do. :)

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! I also graduated when I was sixteen and a year after I met husband and we are still together.
baby cribs

Ralph said...

Age seems to be a function of our mindset: if we feel old, then we will think so. at nearly 55, I don't consider myself old. I was named for my grandfather (and am proud of it :>)...yet, he was 53 when I was born and he seemed older when I was little. Yet I don't think he felt old until the end. So for me, I and older not old...

You are very attractive, and the early graduation a nice thing. Life for sure is what we make of it...

Louis la Vache said...

So, MB, this photo was taken last year, right? Didn't you tell «Louis» that you are 17 now? He's certain you did...

NitWit1 said...

Yes, I was young once, too. Nice sepia rendition. The appeal of sepia and the mood it creates is often missed unless you are old enough to remember sepia toning, color TINTing, etc.

My Mother who was fascinated with photography often ordered studio produced portraits in b/w, sepia or other toning and color tinted.

Anzu said...

You were charming lady, once,
now and forever.

It is a sign that you are happy.

Serendipity said...

What a beautiful portrait!

kayerj said...

very pretty :)

Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Flying Solo said...

Hmmmm I can imagine in what you were thinking! Don't ever stop! LOL

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures. Love the farm and the mountain backdrop. Also checked out your other pics. Thanks for sharing.

wall mirrors guy