MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Morning Sunrise, Moon and mountain

Monday morning as the moon was quietly going down in the western sky the first hint of color was in the eastern sky. Soon the sky was filled with orange, reds and pinks. Mt. Rainier appeared tinged in pink with a cloud cover that eventually completely covered her.
And then all the color was gone and the sun did come out from behind the trees.

It stayed a cloudy and gray day but Mt. Baker was out and the sun was shining on her. I took a shot today from Fir Island and am using it as my new header.

MB





21 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Glorious! We had only a slight hint of this in Seattle this morning.

VP said...

This morning I had a hopeful look at our hills, but our sunrise has nothing of yours.
Gorgeous images, said with a hint of envy...

B SQUARED said...

Wonderful way to start the day.

Russell said...

Pretty incredible. Is that a double entendre?! Regardless, quite spectacular.

These images are as good if not better than what you see on most calendars!

I really enjoyed the Trail of Cedars post you did a couple of days ago. Talk about HUGE trees! Whoa! Dorothy, we are NOT in Kansas any more!

I remember going to Ontario as a child and smelling the evergreens. I could almost smell them again as I looked at those images.

Take care.

Jim Klenke said...

Nice series

brattcat said...

Thank you for this series of the evolution of dawn.

Lowell said...

What a neat sequence of photos! All from your deck, I suppose! Lucky gal!

The header blew me away! It really did take me by surprise. I was half-asleep at the desk and that picture almost knocked me out of my chair! Fantastic.

Louis la Vache said...

Breathtaking, MB!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Good Morning World... WOW--what incredible pictures, Mary Beth.. They just take my breath away. Love the PINKS.

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

Your new header is absolutely gorgeous. As far as your morning pictures are concerned, they are absolutely beautiful. I think I would be up early every morning just to see those spectacular colors.

EG CameraGirl said...

Stunning skies, MB! Lately our skies have started out grey and stayed that way!

Anonymous said...

Ok, 1st of all, your header photo is PHENOMENAL, sooo sooo sooo beautiful!
& 2nd of all, WoW, that moon shot is so cool! You wasn't lying about the pink! Great series of shots, MB!

cieldequimper said...

Ahhhhhhhh! And ahhhhhhh for the new header too.

cieldequimper said...

P.S.: yes, we celebrate Candlemas and Louis has explained exactly what we eat... :-)
http://bayphoto.blogspot.com/2010/02/le-2-fevrier-fete-de-la-chandeleur.html

Don and Krise said...

Great series of shots MB!

You get an A+ on the header too!

Betty said...

Love your header it is beautiful.
Your other shots are wonderful too.
♥ Hugs ♥

Lady Di Tn said...

Like the new header. Wow, God must have dropped his paintbox in those first two sky photos. In the previous post those are really really really big trees. On "focus in the wild" Stacey said it was the Wolf moon. Peace

Louis la Vache said...

Fantastic new masthead photo, MB!

Linda Reeder said...

Wow for this sunrise, and wow for your header pic!

RW said...

Awesome!! Very nice photography!

Unknown said...

The clouds look really amazing in the middle photo!