MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, August 31, 2009

Polo

Went to a local Polo Match yesterday. First time I had ever been to one.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich man's golf. Or something like that. I have only seen it when Prince Charles plays and it is shown on television. Did you enjoy the match?

Jim Klenke said...

I would like to watch that, probably a relaxing sport to watch.

Russell said...

When I drove down to see the Bridges of Madison County last week, I drove by this huge field that looked liked an oversized football field or soccer field.

I turned around and discovered it was a polo field -- in Iowa! It was a little southwest of Des Moines and there are lots and lots of horses in that area -- along with a lot of really fancy houses!

Take care. Oh - I always enjoy your posts and find myself scrolling through several at a time. Talk about beautiful country -- wow!

Lois said...

That looks like it would be fun to watch! I'm not sure there are any matches around here though.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi MB, I have never been to one either--but have seen them on TV. Looks like it would be lots of fun to watch.

Hugs,
Betsy

Nancy Jo said...

Wow thought you had to go to England to see those, but knowing you it wouldn't surprise me.Must have been fun to watch. Do the horses seem to like it? Do you get the sense that they know what the object of the game is?
Nancy Jo

cieldequimper said...

Was Prince Charles in sight? ;-)

Don and Krise said...

Whoa, rubbing elbows with the rich and famous? Knowing you are a horse person I can assume that has something to do with it. I'll bet it was fun.

Lady Di Tn said...

MB
You have been a busy girl. Did you enjoy the match. I never thought about it much until I saw the movie "Pretty Woman". Glad you GS came along and saved you. Little boys love the water no matter how cold it can be. Peace

Lowell said...

Well, that is a wonderful picture - you caught the energy and excitement of the event.

What did you think of it? Polo, that is?

I've heard it takes a lot of skill not to mention a very well-trained horse...

George said...

I think it would be fun to attend a polo match. You got a great picture for this post.

Sally in WA said...

Dang, I didn't know we had polo matches around here. It must have been exciting to watch. Did you have to stomp the divots (that's about all I know about the game from the Pretty Woman movie.)

Janice Thomson said...

I'd love to watch it too - looks kinda neat.

Anonymous said...

hermes replica[url=http://www.kellyhandbagsforsale.com]hermes belts[/url] commitment Birkin Bags[url=http://www.hotbirkinbags.com]Hermes Belts[/url] backpacks