MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blessed Rain

It finally has started to rain here. We haven't had any measurable rain since the first part of July. Very unusual for wet western Washington. Hot and dry is not the norm. It is a pleasant rain gently soaking into the ground. I'm lovin' it. The downside is that the annual Persius Meteor showers starting on the 11th will go on but I won't be able to see them. Such is unpredictable LIFE!!! So if your skies are clear take a look the 11th to the 14th. MB



16 comments:

Russell said...

Glad to see you are getting some relief from the heat. Somehow Mother Nature always seems to figure out a way to balance things out.

We had 2 inches of rain the other day -- but it came down really fast. In Iowa the weather has been a bit on the cool side and corn farmers are getting concerned.

However, the Iowa State Fair starts on Thursday -- and if nothing else will bring on the heat, the state fair will!

B SQUARED said...

It has been unusually wet here in No. Michigan this summer. The weather seems to be strange everywhere this year.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Love the water drops on the window. Yes, the rain is a welcome change all along the northern Pacific coast. I left my garden in John's hands for watering while we were on vacation. At least when it rains he doesn't have to take the boat up the lake to water every two to three days. We head home tomorrow so I can get back to my own watering and harvesting schedule. Wonder what I'll find. - Margy

Lowell said...

Here the rain brings too much humidity which combined with the heat is just miserable - especially the month of August...

At the same time, rain in the afternoon, which is frequent, often cools down the atmosphere...

You are fortunate to have some rain after a long dry spell!

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to look to the skies tonight, but it's pretty cloudy here & we're suppose to have storms today & tonight. I'll let ya know!

Lois said...

Enjoy the rain! I don't like to wish for rain around this time of year because the worst part of hurricane season is approaching.

Gaelyn said...

That looks and sounds more like the western WA I know. Happy rusting.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad you are getting some much-needed rain, MB. We thought we were going to get rain during the night since it was headed this way. However, we got NOTHING. Darn!!!!!

Can the meteor shower be seen throughout the country?? I love to go out on our golf course and watch it.

Unknown said...

Love the water drops but both rain shots are great!

cieldequimper said...

Hmmm I've had too much rain for my liking this summer. Isn't the smell of the soil wonderful after a long dry spell though?!

George said...

I'm glad to see that you are getting some rain and relief from all the heat you've been having. Hopefully the skies will clear enough for you to see the meteor shower.

Don and Krise said...

Congratulations. We had rain overnight too. A welcome sight. It's starting to clear up now and the sun is coming out. This time it was short-lived. Hopefully you'll at least get a window to see the meteors.

Lady Di Tn said...

Did you do a Gene Kelly routine outside.doodeedoodee Peace

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Beth, What time should I look to the skies tonight & on through the 14th?

Lee Spangler said...

I still love that coastal rain. I could stand to have some of it again, now that I am here in Central Oregon.

Rose said...

Happy that you finally got rain, and I LOVE that bottom photo.