Coupeville on Whidbey Island today. I remember I took a shot of this boat last year (June 18-08 blog) and tried to find out any info about it. Marcel in Sitka had seen it before. I didn't find any info then but today I found it may have been built in 1908 and named the Erik Foss and I found a picture of The Gleaner with another boat.(www.excaliber1908.com) It looks like this is living quarters to who ever owns it now. Click on the first picture and you can see many flower pots. I like this boat and think it is neat looking and who wouldn't want to own a Tug boat. MB



9 comments:
I have seen boats tied up to shore with people living on them, but none out away from shore like this one. Nice photos you took.
I am still making history on my Pick a Peck of Pixels blog. Today I posted a Zebra Butterfly with long tails. He is as big as your hand. Most have never seen one. Now you can see one at
Pick a Peck of Pixels
Never seen a "live-aboard" tug before. Neat.
That's so cool! I know there are people in around Victoria and Vancouver (British Columbia) living on boats (there are whole communities of them) but I don't think they actually tootle from port to port. NEAT capture!
Oh wow that is a great boat! I did enlarge the first picture and couldn't believe all those flower pots.
These are all great fun shots, MB...in the first photo it looks like a small boat is pushing the tug!
And yes, I think you should post a pic of your flower bed!
And no, I don't think I want to own a tugboat...they're working boats and I don't wanna work no more! ;-)
They have a speed boat also? I would like to cruise up and down the Mississippi on one.
That's wonderuful! I've never seen a working boat like that with flowers. Foss is the company name for the tugs around here, too. I don't know much about them (yet)!
Fancy living on a tug! Fantastic!
I would have never guessed someone would use a tug as a houseboat. This is so cool.
Post a Comment